What's new
What's new

MagnaTurn 1218 questions

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my Magnaturn 1218. I was able to get a copy of the software for it & installed 2 USB floppy emulators. I'm able to get the computer to boot up to the control but that seems to be all it'll do now. I have the control coming on with single phase and have a VFD with soft start to start the pump but for some reason when I press the green button it only closes the main contactor while I hold it down. As soon as I release it the contactor opens again. Any idea why? Also, the control locks up until I let go of the button.

I'm not sure what to do to get past these issues. Once I do, how do I home the machine? I don't see any options to do that?

Does anyone have a list of G Codes it uses? Canned cycles?

Thanks!

Mike

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my Magnaturn 1218. I was able to get a copy of the software for it & installed 2 USB floppy emulators. I'm able to get the computer to boot up to the control but that seems to be all it'll do now. I have the control coming on with single phase and have a VFD with soft start to start the pump but for some reason when I press the green button it only closes the main contactor while I hold it down. As soon as I release it the contactor opens again. Any idea why? Also, the control locks up until I let go of the button.

I'm not sure what to do to get past these issues. Once I do, how do I home the machine? I don't see any options to do that?

Does anyone have a list of G Codes it uses? Canned cycles?

Thanks!

Mike

Mike, if you have rewired the pump, check to see if the rotation is correct, I believe that there is an arrow for direction. It's
possible if you have reversed the leads, it's running clockwise and not building pressure, which would not let the pressure
switch close to allow the aux contactor to latch.

Steve

Found it that to home it you jog the x axis all the way up and the z axis has a home switch about 6" from the spindle. Guess there really aren't any canned cycles, have to long code everything.

Oh my god, there is still one trying to live. I joined this forum 15 years ago trying to find a free home for two of those things I had. I had someone back out at the last minute willing to take them away for free and I ended up paying a scrap man to haul them off. I figured I could make one good one out of two bad ones. I finally threw in the towel as I could never get the remaining one to run more than a week at a time between breakdowns. The crashes those things had from failures do to the lack of ball screws were nasty and expensive.

Back