What's new
What's new

Millerette vice attachment

Konarider33

Plastic
Hi all
Im new to the forum thanks for the chance to learn!
I recently acquired a 13" regal lathe and I found a millerette gear cutter base without the gear cutter attachment that I'll never use. So the question is what's it worth? I can't find any online ebay ect to put a price on it it has the vice but nothing else any info/ history would be greatly appreciated.
20200114_193752.jpg

My regal 13 is out in the garage,but the books are in here. It appears that what you have there is for regular milling. Someone has put a regular vise on the attachment where the gearcutting apparatus was. Whether it will really work or not,I can’t tell from the book. Look up the Garrett thing and see if it can be mounted on the cross slide of your machine. Lathe milling is marginal but it’s better than no milling.

You should post some better pictures. It's not a gear cutting attachment. It's an indexing attachment used for cutting gears among other uses. It's not complete. You are missing most of the parts that made it a useful indexing attachment. This machine tool attachment was produced in several sizes. Post a good picture of the data plate.

Millerette.jpg

Back