What's new
What's new

My old model O, with a transposed apron, meaning -R-. sn# 2577 RR

cryplydog

Plastic
Hello all, Back after a year or so, got my 10-k finished finally and works good. Now on to my old gap bed lathe I'm trying to finish up the best I can. I've owned it for probably 25 years or so and have been using it the whole time if i have a use for it.The best I can figure the total swing is approx 13.25. Has a 8-ft bed and a 10",4-jaw chuck. The apron hand wheel is transposed to the right side of the apron. It has cross and longitudinal feed. width of gap is 7" and swing of gap is 19". Has standard gear change with all gears. Trundle has been modified to move motor closer and has a automotive V pully screwed to the large flat belt pully- works pretty well I guess but would rather have it orignal. Anyhow, does any one know anyone of where I could maybe get some parts for this old friend of mine? I have exhausted my limited knowledge on my computer looking for stuff for it to maybe get it more original so to say.I don't know how old he is but he IS old. I call him my drive shaft mach. Thanks Practical Machinist and members. CRYPLYDOG. I'm only 68 and believe the old model O is over 100 years.:)

Back