Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Success! My little torch did the job once again! Just have to trim them down. Drill holes for the pins and wait for the 3/8 dies to arrive in the mail.

0414210959_hdr.jpg

2. Likes pavt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CVRIV View Post
    Success! My little torch did the job once again! Just have to trim them down. Drill holes for the pins and wait for the 3/8 dies to arrive in the mail.
    Cool, glad it worked. My "shop" is actually a spare bedroom. Not the best situation, but you do what you gotta do. I'm slowly getting back into electronics, probably end up doing that on the kitchen table.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    Cool, glad it worked. My "shop" is actually a spare bedroom. Not the best situation, but you do what you gotta do. I'm slowly getting back into electronics, probably end up doing that on the kitchen table.
    LOL! My "shop" is a bedroom as well! Hilarious. As you said, you got to do what you have to do....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This machine is pretty much done. Just have to clean a bunchba random of stuff that came with lathe. I found the saddle lick and installed. The tension arm thing came out great, works great.

0415211833.jpg0415211833_hdr.jpg0415211833a.jpg0415211833a_hdr.jpg0415211833b_hdr.jpg

6. Likes pavt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very nice!

Sorry to even mention this, but I'd like to see the lathe painted blue like the motor, and the motor painted black like the lathe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This machine is pretty much done. Just have to clean a bunchba random of stuff that came with lathe. I found the saddle lick and installed. The tension arm thing came out great, works great.

0415211833.jpg0415211833_hdr.jpg0415211833a.jpg0415211833a_hdr.jpg0415211833b_hdr.jpg
    Nice job on the restoration!!
    Install the new rod you made on the motor bracket from the outside in so it will be inline with the tension lever.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dal, the Rustoleum has a very slow drying solvent. I use it for various projects and bake it out to drive out the volatiles and harden it up nicely for oil resistance etc. Slow heat your painted parts in the oven at the lowest setting it will do. After an hour bump it up to 200 then another hour then 250. Done.
    *A lathe bed miiiight be difficult to stuff in your oven.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chipss View Post
    Dal, the Rustoleum has a very slow drying solvent. I use it for various projects and bake it out to drive out the volatiles and harden it up nicely for oil resistance etc. Slow heat your painted parts in the oven at the lowest setting it will do. After an hour bump it up to 200 then another hour then 250. Done.
    A 100-watt IR heat lamp will work nicely, too. When I painted the engine on my welder, I left a heat lamp aimed at the engine block for about a month, it came out rock hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm going to need a bigger oven! Its warming up again next week, I'll just have to settle for natural curing.

12. Likes tim9lives liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice job on the cosmetics.

I know a 9" SB isn't capable of grabbing the operator and turning him into hamburger- but I wouldn't want the drum switch so far off to the side of the machine. If not for safety (which I think is still applicable)- for convenience. You should be able to reach it even when standing at the far end of the bed.

It wasn't original on the spindle gear cover?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBerry View Post
    Nice job on the restoration!!
    Install the new rod you made on the motor bracket from the outside in so it will be inline with the tension lever.
    The way i have it now... It is inline. I thought i was going to do it the way you mentioned but it wouldnt line up nicely. The way i have it now it does.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I actually baked a few parts. Works great. Nice hard strong enamel coating.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
    Nice job on the cosmetics.

I know a 9" SB isn't capable of grabbing the operator and turning him into hamburger- but I wouldn't want the drum switch so far off to the side of the machine. If not for safety (which I think is still applicable)- for convenience. You should be able to reach it even when standing at the far end of the bed.

It wasn't original on the spindle gear cover?
    I havent finished thevwhole project yet. The switch is just knid of hanging out on the table here. I have to pm a member here. He said he has mounts for the switch or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The way i have it now... It is inline. I thought i was going to do it the way you mentioned but it wouldnt line up nicely. The way i have it now it does.
    CRVIV-- I was thinking the pic could have given us the wrong "optical conclusion" It DOES look out of line in the pic, probably the camera angle and such... By the way, NICE job on the lathe restoration.