What's new
What's new

New bronze cross slide nut

lucky7

Titanium
Does anyone still sell bronze cross slide nuts for a South Bend 9A. See folks selling brass but not bronze...

L7

Well, as one example Bmpartstech advertises made from bronze on ebay, but if you look at there own website they state they make em from brass. And the guy selling South Bend nuts on ebay from North Carolina used to advertise on PM- also selling brass nuts. Don’t want confusion, don’t want brass, just want bronze nuts.

Anyone have first hand experience buying from someone that sells bronze nuts?

L7

Well, as one example Bmpartstech advertises made from bronze on ebay, but if you look at there own website they state they make em from brass. And the guy selling South Bend nuts on ebay from North Carolina used to advertise on PM- also selling brass nuts. Don’t want confusion, don’t want brass, just want bronze nuts.

Anyone have first hand experience buying from someone that sells bronze nuts?

L7

Not sure if there is more than one North Carolina guy, but I bought from stedea_71 this year for a 16", it was 932 bronze. Looking at a 9 and light ten listing, he also shows it as 932:

South Bend 9" & Light 10" - Compound Feed Nut PT95NK1 - C932 Bronze | eBay

I had two new, one from him on the left. You can see the color, its 932:

54.jpg

Most of the others are using 360 which has a tin mix making it harder. 932 is bearing bronze, has a lead mix for anti friction.

Why not make one? I've just cut the thread for one on my Smart&Brown copy of a SouthBend and it came out really well.

Back