What's new
What's new

New to the group

Verne

Cast Iron
New to the group, just wanted to show you my toy. Started out years ago as a 1947 Model C with the 54" bed. Over the years added a QCB, Model A apron, large dials, all new screws and nuts plus 1hp fan cooled 220v motor. Just recently converted to v-belt with step pulleys, giving me 16 speeds. The bed has less than .005 "belly" and still 90% of the scrapings. Thanks for looking, you guys are awesome. Vdisney

Hey Verne, welcome to the group! I have a 1948 C that I did like you, what a difference! Still has the flat belt though,it was a friend of mine who passed on, never set it up, he bought it in the 60s from a widow same story, I got it with original grease and manila tags with thick white string, and a wooden box with a few accessaries no steadies or followers or taper att. someone musta got there years before! Paid a fair price to his wife were all happy,50 + yrs in a cellar with no wipe downs left a few splotches but shes clean where it counts and the first chip was sweet!

You'll like it here , I learn something every time I log on and the search engine can answer most questions or give you a heads up about what to ask the experts :D Good luck! Steve

Back