What's new
What's new

Off Topic/ WWII Book

garyphansen

Titanium
Many of you will remember that I wrote a book entitled "The Rising Sun Sets" about my dad and uncle fighting the Japanese in WWII. Now there is an Audio-book available on Amazon. To hear a free sample go to Amazon and type in The Rising Sun Sets then click on the word listen under the photo of the title.

My uncle Jerry was KIA on Luzon and is still MIA. After my book was published a man contacted me about my uncle. There were nine Americans killed in that action that dam and all were still listed as Missing in Action. Three or four years ago three sets of remains were found and identified as belonging to three of the missing. A year later six more sets were discovered but they have not as yet been identified because of a large amount of remains that came back from Korea are higher priority than WWII remains. (That is totally understandable because there are more people still alive that remember the people killed in Korea.) At this point there is no one left that actually knew my uncle. Gary P. Hansen

Many of you will remember that I wrote a book entitled "The Rising Sun Sets" about my dad and uncle fighting the Japanese in WWII. Now there is an Audio-book available on Amazon. To hear a free sample go to Amazon and type in The Rising Sun Sets then click on the word listen under the photo of the title.

My uncle Jerry was KIA on Luzon and is still MIA. After my book was published a man contacted me about my uncle. There were nine Americans killed in that action that dam and all were still listed as Missing in Action. Three or four years ago three sets of remains were found and identified as belonging to three of the missing. A year later six more sets were discovered but they have not as yet been identified because of a large amount of remains that came back from Korea are higher priority than WWII remains. (That is totally understandable because there are more people still alive that remember the people killed in Korea.) At this point there is no one left that actually knew my uncle. Gary P. Hansen

This is not necessarily so...now, I know about Laurin and Jerry Hansen.
God bless them both for their sacrifice on our behalf.
I listened to the audio clip...outstanding. Book is on order.
Thank you for writing and for posting, and God Bless America!

PMc
US Navy 1974-1978

Thank you mcload. Actually my uncle's name was Jerry Obenauf and he and my dad Laurin Hansen met on New Guinea. When they discovered that they were both from the same town they made an agreement that if one of them were killed the other would go and talk to the others folks. My dad for filled that commitment and ended up marring Uncle Jerry's sister. (MY mother)

Back