What's new
What's new

Oil Fill Caps...

GDL264

Aluminum
Hello,
Does anyone know a source of South Bend oil fill caps, used or new? I need one for the carriage and one for the tailstock on a south bend 13" lathe (see pics). I've already checked the archives, LaBlonde and Grizzly with no sucess. Gary

Attachments

• IMGP0809.JPG
    IMGP0809.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMGP0810.JPG
    IMGP0810.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
standard GITS oil cup possibly? Percussive installation works well, make a rod to fit inside the cup, lift the lid, and tap 'er home.

Thanks! I'll give them a try. I alway forget about them because I don't have thier catalog. One of these days I need to break down and buy one of their catalogs off eBay, last I looked the 2010 catalog was selling for $40-50. Gary

If you order a McMaster catalog through your/a Company (shipped to with the company name/ Attn) they are usually free! If you order as an individual they charge you for it!
That has been my experience!

catalog....

when I was working we would get the new Mcmaster-Carr catalog,
and throw out the old one...how dumb was that.......

Ted AKA SBLatheman has both of those, well original for the tailstock and one suitable to replace the apron one - I was buying some bits from him recently and both of those were on my large list of broken/missing oilers for my 13"!

In terms of the SB part no's 155X38 will plug into the apron pipe (my pipe was badly mauled and I used some superglue too) 155x23 is the one for the tailstock.

Jim

Thank for all the help! I ended up ordering from Ted AKA SBLatheman. Nice Guy with Great Service!

Back