What's new
What's new

OK, South Bend doesn't know what this is, so what now???

Cornel Hanson

Plastic
I recently came across a South Bend lathe and would appreciate any help identifying it and/or any info you might have about this model.

I emailed South Bend about it and they, for whatever reason, don't recognize the serial number seen in a pic here. Their answer to my second inquiry about it was:

"Unfortunately, based on your provided serial number G27675, we do not offer a parts manual for your machine.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance. You are a valued customer and it is a pleasure doing business with you."

Here are a few pics including one of the serial and another of the casting number.

I would like to restore this lathe but I know I am going to need some pieces and considering I live in a small rural area in BC I am going to be at the mercy of the internet and whatever assistance I can find here.

Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all....
CornelDSCN0329.jpgDSCN0326.jpgDSCN0329.jpgDSCN0332.jpgDSCN0336.jpg

They don't recognize the serial number because the "G" is not part of it. Your serial number is 27675. The "G" was added by someone down the years, probably as a tracking letter, inventory letter, or something.

Yes, the gap section is in the pile of stuff. It's a 7 inch section. The lathe is in pretty nice shape with minimal rust but the gap section is very rusty and the bole holes full of crud. It's likely been decades since it was mounted.

Back