What's new
What's new

Which one of you snagged the nice follow rest on ebay today?

Kevin T

Stainless
I have been looking for one and sure enough one pops up on ebay last week, bids out this morning. I was pretty sure the guy messed up and identified it wrong. He said he "thought it was for a 13" South Bend but I think it was for a 16 so I was in. Besides I knew if i was wrong I could resell it in a heartbeat. I really didn't need to spend the money...is what I am telling myself! LOL

resize.jpg

Meahhh..

Might as well have been a solid bronze church-bell out of a demolished church or an Old Skewl fire-house for all the need the average SB 9 has for a Bronze steady rest!

:)

Truth be told I am not sure I need one either since I am going to have collet capability but I haven't got to try that yet. I'm still working on the closer. My "toy lathe" needed all the stock support I could manage when working with smaller diameters so I was looking for one. I made a few custom faucet handles with my toy lathe that had 3/8" and 1/4" decorative handles and any cuts that I wanted to do, if out of logical sequence, were no fun and the follow saved me. That is also before I found this place too so any errors in judgement about how to perform an operation can be figured out before hand. But you know how it is when a man gets to eBayin' ! :D

Back