What's new
What's new

Parting 1944 183D 14 1/2 lathe

jays68yak

Plastic
Picked up a parts lathe. The rest is up for grabs. It's a 1944 183D 14 1/2 7' bed.

-tailstock, just the upper casting. $40
-gear box, $250
-banjo and gears, $140
-carriage lock, $30 shipped
-anything else ask.

I can build crates and ship parts. Also can ship pallets.

Attachments

• IMG_20190508_200352600.jpg
    IMG_20190508_200352600.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190508_200358298.jpg
    IMG_20190508_200358298.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20190508_200406197.jpg
    IMG_20190508_200406197.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20190508_200412383.jpg
    IMG_20190508_200412383.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20190508_200431455.jpg
    IMG_20190508_200431455.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 104
I would be interested in the thread chart on the QCGB, assuming its the same as one off a 16" SB. Not sure how easy it would be to remove, but email if interested in selling.

[email protected]

I would also be interested in the tray on top of the QCGB. Same as above, not sure you want to part out the gearbox or not, send me a DM if you want to sell the tray!

I would also be interested in the tray on top of the QCGB. Same as above, not sure you want to part out the gearbox or not, send me a DM if you want to sell the tray!

Same as above but this I may sell separate if the gear box doesn't sell in a few weeks. Don't be scared to message me in a few weeks.

crap, there was a fellow looking for the covers on the cast base and some other drive unit parts but I cannot recall who it was...

Don't scrap the base unit if you can help it, someone will be needing parts from it.

crap, there was a fellow looking for the covers on the cast base and some other drive unit parts but I cannot recall who it was...

Don't scrap the base unit if you can help it, someone will be needing parts from it.

Good memory, Chad, but I took care of that guy a few months back :D

naru: I have a tool tray for the gearbox. Send me an email:typing:
Ted
[email protected]

That was me and Ted helped me out with that. 10K thank you for your consideration and Ted thank you for your services!

I'd be interested in the Tee nut.

What is that pan for that it's sitting in?

Do you know what thread the spindle is?

I know its hard to toss that kind of stuff, but also hard to ship which is why I said I can ship pallets. I parts a 13" last year and made the base into a stand for a bench grinder, with storage in the base. Just dont have a second grinder or space for another. Would love to make a table out of the whole thing. Like a glass conference table.

I would like the carriage lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paypal -> [email protected]

That was me and Ted helped me out with that. 10K thank you for your consideration and Ted thank you for your services!

I'd be interested in the Tee nut.

What is that pan for that it's sitting in?

Do you know what thread the spindle is?

The Tee nut for holding the tool post down?
Its some wood tray that parts were in, MDF and trash.
spindle thread is the same as my 42' 14 1/2 which I can never remember. Pretty sure its the 2 1/4.

Yep the Tee nut that holds down the tool post.

The spindle on mine is 2 1/4 - 6. I wish it were 2 1/4 - 8 or 2 3/8 -6.

Let me know a price.

Yep the Tee nut that holds down the tool post.

The spindle on mine is 2 1/4 - 6. I wish it were 2 1/4 - 8 or 2 3/8 -6.

Let me know a price.

$30 shipped for the tee nut. paypal -> [email protected]

I also wish mine was larger so I could use 5c collets. Unless im missing something, but the 5c doesnt really fit in my spindle or this one for that matter. Tempted to make something that would thread on and allow the use of the 5c stuff. Not that I need it but could be a fun project.

If you can at least strip the UD unit of things like the lever,adjusters and such...those things are small enough to ship and I have seen guys looking for that stuff many times.

If you can at least strip the UD unit of things like the lever,adjusters and such...those things are small enough to ship and I have seen guys looking for that stuff many times.

I'm trying to respond to you but your inbox is full!

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

Got the Tee nut in the mail this morning. Great job packaging it all up!

I'll check the fit once I get it home.

Thanks again!

Tee nut fits nice. Now I just need to get/make a thread and mount the Aloris I've had sitting beside the lathe for the past year or so. Oh how I wish there were more hours in a day!

Tee nut fits nice. Now I just need to get/make a thread and mount the Aloris I've had sitting beside the lathe for the past year or so. Oh how I wish there were more hours in a day!

Your telling me. We have a one month old, I finally started putting walls up for our addition last weekend, worked on it all week after work. I need more time and more energy.

Back