What's new
What's new

Paula

Dunno...

Nothing adverse, I think she just got burned out on SB stuff, or got too busy with other stuff. She handed over the mod function to Brad Jacob and disappeared.

Paul

I may have some stories confused but as I recall she was the victim of some short smart A's comments about her person when she asked some question. Seems like the individual who made them was actually requested by some to be banned. But as I have said, I might have my stories and threads confused. Tim

No I think you're pretty close Tim. I don't know the whole story either but the name Nelson comes to mind and yes I think he was banned for this and other reasons I believe. Maybe someone who knows for sure will add to it.

Brent

She was a good machinist, very knowledgeable, and a nice person. She provided me a couple of mods for equipment that enhanced function significantly and I am still appreciative of her work. I had sent her a few emails recently and she had not responded so I thought I would ask to see what may have become of her. Her departure is our loss.

Thank you for the feedback.
Pete

I didn't have much contact with her,or know much about her. She did such an incredible job on the south bend restoration that she documented here......and she also started a thread.....seems like it was loaned special tooling-I recall some fixtures for milling dovetails that were circulating, that she had created. I used the idea and (made up some of my own), would be really nice to hear from her again.

Tim

Hi from Australia,

It's a bloody shame Paula felt she had to leave the forum. Her post on refurbing that South Bend lathe inspired me to have a go at my Hercus 9" AR. Paula paid me a compliment for doing a fine job.

Ken

IIRC, she built (at least one) exquisitely beautiful guitar, too.

When she was still mod of this forum, my wife & I took a road trip across the country for our son's graduation in Santa Fe 4 or 5 years ago. We knew we were going to stop in Indianapolis for sites and museums, and in planning ahead, considered trying to contact her for lunch or a quick visit. But somehow felt she was a very private person, and did not make the effort. Kind of wish we had, now. :)

smt

I tried to send Paula a private message to help fix up some of the bad links in the sticky notes at the top of the forum but her mailbox is full. C'mon Paula lets have a fresh start!

Would love to see here back, if not as mod, then as a poster...always great and inspiring projects that involved actually cutting metal.

Back