What's new
What's new

requesting measurements form anyone with a 9" Workshop or light 10.

Oldmansteve

Plastic
I have a 9" Junior. Not much info on these, and parts labeled for such are scarce. But, I am told, some parts from 9" Workshop models and light 10's 'might' fit. The part I am stuck on is a simple one. the take-up nut. They are available for 9" workshop lathes, and 10's. But none labeled for the Junior. However some say they are the same nuts. Others say they are not. After spending literally hundreds on parts that are 'supposed' to fit, I am now being more careful . At some point when I have time I plan to give back to the forum by creating a list of parts that will and won't interchange between these models. But for now I just need someone to measure their 9" Workshop lathe spindle at the take-up nut. I need to determine if that nut will work on my 9" Jr. My dimensions are 1.125" - 20 tpi. Are they the same dimensions on other models? I am tired of throwing away $ and praying it fits so I hope someone will chime in. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Ted. That's what I feared, but thank you anyway, saved me from buying a part seller thought would work, but I suspected would not. Now, does anyone have a takeup nut for a 9" Junior they would be willing to sell?

Perhaps, but you need an operational lathe to make a part for the lathe, kind of a catch 22 ya know. Besides, my skill level isn't up to that yet. I'll just keep looking I guess.

Could a hose clamp serve as a stop ring just while you are making one? Or would one hold the remains of the broken one on there? A WW2 navy veteran that I worked with in the 70s would say what would you do if you were 1000 miles at sea.

Back