What's new
What's new

SB 10K Need lamp tool post and tool holders and.....

kevinmdudley

Plastic
I recently purchased a SB 10K cabinet model.
I'm looking for a nice tool post and tool holders.
The mount will accept a 1-1/4" by 1/4" thick base.

Also, the "reverse" button in a 3button control switch seems to have failed.
Was working but now does not and contact points do not close when pushed.
Is it possible to find a replacement?

Thanks!!

There are many, many threads on quick change tool posts and holders, you need to search through the archives and read them. Do not reinvent the wheel. I will tell you that adding a quick change tool setup is the best change to improve your lathe there is. Your machine requires the "A" size. I use Multi-fix. They are the best, but there are others wedge types for less money. Do your homework.

I had a Southbend heavy ten. I used a Shars AXA quick change tool post on it. I bought the t-nut from ebay because the AXA kit comes with a t-nut you have to machine and I didn't have a mill to do it at the time.
Worked for me.

There are many, many threads on quick change tool posts and holders, you need to search through the archives and read them. Do not reinvent the wheel. I will tell you that adding a quick change tool setup is the best change to improve your lathe there is. Your machine requires the "A" size. I use Multi-fix. They are the best, but there are others wedge types for less money. Do your homework.

I have done my homework. I'm not reinventing the wheel. I do have a QCT holder now but am looking for a Lamp Tool Post and holders for my own reasons. Thanks.

I recently purchased a SB 10K cabinet model.
I'm looking for a nice tool post and tool holders.
The mount will accept a 1-1/4" by 1/4" thick base.

Also, the "reverse" button in a 3button control switch seems to have failed.
Was working but now does not and contact points do not close when pushed.
Is it possible to find a replacement?

Thanks!!

I have the tool post and a selection of push button controls.
Send me an email.
Ted
[email protected]

Back