What's new
What's new

SB / Skinner 6" 4 jaw Chuck model 4006 parts

Tom Stallings

Plastic
L6 SB_Skinner 4 jaw chuck.jpgLooking for a jaw and pinion screw or chuck for parts.

Also any suggestion for repair to the chuck jaw stripped threads? Maybe braze up and recut? Would this damage the heat treat of the jaw?
Thanks

LLooking for a jaw and pinion screw or chuck for parts.
Also any suggestion for repair to the chuck jaw stripped threads? Maybe braze up and recut? Would this damage the heat treat of the jaw?
Thanks

Just my own opinion, but yeah, you would have to buy an exact duplicate (used) of that chuck just to get parts you need,
but is it worth it to have a second used chuck? Or maybe the one you buy is in better shape than the one you are trying to fix?

Of course, almost everything can be repaired if you throw enough money at it.
Personally, I could never trust a chuck that has been braised on. If you want nostalgia, just wait around for someone to put a
chuck up for auction, and even then, you may be buying someone else's problems. Or over-priced because it is vintage!:nutter:

Like Chipss said, I'd rather put the time and money towards a new chuck or "like-new" chuck, quite frankly.
It's a no-brainer. Shit breaks, and sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it....especially the vintage stuff.
Respectfully, maybe just move on.

PMc

Back