What's new
What's new

SB1470 Steadyrest Questions

BThebert

Plastic
Two questions, if I may:

1) This one feels pretty stupid, so please be gentle. What's the smaller knurled knob on the end used for? It doesn't seem to DO anything. Turning the LARGE knurled knob moves the support in and out. That's easy to see and understand. The little knob seems to just ratchet when I turn it clockwise. I can hear it clicking and there are two small, spring-loaded pieces in there with opposed teeth. Turning it counterclockwise just unscrews it from the end of the shaft.

i-MDgGSB5.jpg

2) Where can I get replacement parts for this thing? Grizzly was of no help. Two of the three supports are complete, but on one I'm missing the small knurled knob, the screw, and ONE of the two, small toothed pieces. Even though I don't yet know what it's for, I suppose it would be best if it were complete.

i-4PT8Jvk.jpg

I'm not sure that they are original equipment for your steady rest. A steady doesn't need that level of precision in setting it up.

And Grizzly just bought the South Bend name, files and finished parts on hand. They didn't get any of the expertise of the company.

Back