What's new
What's new

SB9A Arrived Today!

Lathe Junkie

Plastic
Well my Lathe arrived and I had a chance to look it over. Seems to be in nice shape , but of course it needs cleaning and lubing.

I think I will get one of the "rebuild" kit on Epay as it comes with all the things I may need. Is this the best bet??

It is a NAR (9A) Sn 31234 which works out to around 1950-1955.

It came with a three jaw chuck so I need to find a Four Jaw. Does anyone have one they could part with??

Also looking for two Centers, one for the Headstock and a Live one for the Tail stock.

If you have any I could use please let me know.

Thanks for all the help so far, I am certain I will have more Questions........................:)

Chuck
Carson City
Nevada

Chucks {all sizes} are available so are centers {all sizes}..after the experts see your lathe
you will receive all kinds of information about it, I am sure...

I wondered if you can help me. I signed up for this forum. How do I post a new post?
Al Davis

I wondered if you can help me. I signed up for this forum. How do I post a new post?
Al Davis

Welcome, Al!

Click <Forum> at the top of PM, and click the title of the forum you want to post to. Then click <Post New Thread> at the top of the forum.

Please read the Stickies in the General forum before posting.

Jan (Yan)

Sb9a

Ok here are the Pics from yesterday on my "new" lathe

Lathe Motor 1.jpg
Lathe 1.jpg
Lathe 2.jpg

You can see it is still in the back of the pickup so pics are not as nice as I would like!:o

At least one more load of "stuff" for it on due out so hopefully will get the rest this week.

Now to get a Bench made and get it mounted. I have to open up the motor and see what voltage it is setup for.

Chuck

A New Beginning!

Ok here are the Pics from yesterday on my "new" lathe
You can see it is still in the back of the pickup so pics are not as nice as I would like!:o
At least one more load of "stuff" for it on due out so hopefully will get the rest this week.
Now to get a Bench made and get it mounted. I have to open up the motor and see what voltage it is setup for.
Chuck

Well good for you Chuck! She looks to be in decent shape; thanks for the pics!
Don't get in a hurry; just do it right the first time. Don't run it until
thoroughly oiled, and take detailed pics whenever you can.

PMc

(By the way, happy Memorial Day to all the veterans out there...God Bless America! I am ex-USN)

View attachment 289636

Back