Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Deciding to move ahead on a new motor pulley, here is a double pulley for a Poly V 6 rib direct to spindle cone pulley. The low speed pulley is 1.9" diameter and the high speed pulley is 2.4". This gives roughly 500 rpm in low gear and 900 rpm in high gear. I thought the 2.5" round bar stock was big enough but the larger pulley could have been 3.0" to get over 1000 rpm. I could always re-configure the VFD for over 60 hertz I suppose.
    _dsc1086.jpg
    Since the motor needs to be shifted over at least an inch to allow the pulleys to line up, now maybe a good time to re-build the motor mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

that motor will have no trouble at 120HZ...certainly not at the 100HZ I think your VFD will go to.

glad to see you are still experimenting.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Up thread in a video, I detailed a hall effect tachometer with the magnet attached to the small cone of the spindle pulley. At the time, I would do a mental divided by 5 when using the back gears. Well, it wasn't long before comments about using the back gears made me rethink the issue. My solution is to mount the 3/8" magnet in the spindle takeup nut. A 3/8" end mill was used to mill out a hole in the nut and the magnet was press fit into the nut. Now I have true spindle rpm's.
    20190905_163455-2.jpg