What's new
What's new

In search of 56 heavy 10 toolroom parts

Jsheck89

Plastic
I have a 56 heavy 10 toolroom with 4ft. Bed. Came with taper attatchment but missing the rod off the back and the bed clamp that hold the slide in place while cutting a taper. Anybody got these parts and or part numbers so I can possibly aquire them. My taper attatchment is in excellent shape and I do not wish to purchase an entire taper attachment. I can machine the threaded shaft so not the end of the world if I can't find that, but the bed clamp has proven to be difficult to find by its self. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not opposed to having one that doesn't actually belong to my lathe if it works. I acquired one for a 13 inch swing and it's too large. Didn't know if one from a 10k would fit or not. Thanks. Also in search of a heavy 10 steady rest with the micrometer style adjustments.

Taper Attachment Clamp?

I have what I think is a bed clamp for a taper attachment. At first, I thought it might be a clamp to hold a collet organizer tray,
but I think it's too big for that. Important to know that the "V" cut in the piece is too large for a 9" lathe, and possibly a 10".
Best I can measure with dial calipers, it's about .675 between the bottom of the V.

The hole at the end measures about .975, and there is a setscrew. There are also two quarter-inch holes drilled through
one side, but not all the way through. They are not threaded, and don't seem to be very well aligned.

I fitted a ⅝" fine thread Allen bolt in the threaded hole, but it seems a bit too loose to me, though the threads match well.

I do not know the history of this part or what size lathe it fits, though I did go to the trouble to clean it up and paint.
Please view photos below. I hope this helps. Very odd to find a complete clamp like this by itself.
PM me to discuss price.

PMc
(Go Strohs!)

View attachment 332623 View attachment 332624 View attachment 332625

View attachment 332626 View attachment 332627

Back