What's new
What's new

Serial info requested

JackHass

Plastic
I’d like to get an estimate on when my 10L was made. The serial is 23123R. I tried to get a copy of the card from Grizzly, but they don’t have one for it.

Also, any recommendations for a VFD for it. It’s 3 phase 1hp 208/230V FLA 3.4/3.8. I’m thinking Hitachi WJ200. 0182A061-0AC8-421A-AF37-867FD65A71AE.jpg

Thanks!

That's not the "official" serial number. The official serial number is on the lower right corner of the top of the bed between the first pyramid and the first scraped flat area - where your tail stock is in your second picture. There should be at least two more letters at the end of your SN.

Circa 1975, the trailing letters were eliminated.(except the letter that designates the swing size, in this case R for the Heavy 10) All the things that were signified by those became standard. The catalog numbers should show anything special (although I have seen “mistakes” in the catalog number:crazy::crazy:

Note to Steve Wells: from your serial number data sheet, S/N 22780R, 22826R, 22934R says they have D1-3 spindles :nono: D1-3 spindles we’re not available in those years(‘86, ‘87). They have a catalog number CLO187RB. There is an image with them that shows they are D1-4...:scratchchin:

Ted

Last edited:
Circa 1975, the trailing letters were eliminated. All the things that were signified by those became standard. The catalog numbers should show anything special (although I have seen “mistakes” in the catalog number.

Ted

I knew of the numbering change in the late 40's. Once JackHass indicated that the two serial numbers were identical, I figured that another change occurred in the later years of the company. I hadn't heard of that happening.

Back