Serial Numbers Wanted - Page 106
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2123
  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Hi There,

    10K from 72.

    CL670Z
    30234KAR
    30234kar.jpg

  2. Likes swells liked this post
  3. #2102
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Hi From the UK. I have just bought a South Bend 9" Model A, and the serial number is 121843 Could you tell me how old she is please.
    I Got 1943 using Lathes.co.uk is this correct?

    Best regards

    Mike

  4. Likes swells liked this post
  5. #2103
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Thank you for the card!!

    Steve

  6. #2104
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plinkerton View Post
    Hi There,

    10K from 72.

    CL670Z
    30234KAR
    30234kar.jpg
    Thank you for the card!!

    Steve

  7. #2105
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhitwellMike View Post
    Hi From the UK. I have just bought a South Bend 9" Model A, and the serial number is 121843 Could you tell me how old she is please.
    I Got 1943 using Lathes.co.uk is this correct?

    Best regards

    Mike
    I would have to guess on this one, but I would say 1941 end of year or very early 1942.

    Steve

  8. #2106
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    The serial number card for the lathe I posted about a couple weeks back.

    sb_lathe_serial_1.jpg

    sb_lathe_serial_2.jpg

  9. Likes swells liked this post
  10. #2107
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default 1920’s 15” gap bed

    I have a 1920 ish model 15 x 8 137-E gap bed Lathe.
    SN 22481
    It is currently in a wood shop where it does not get used so I plan to liberate it at some point. The original countershaft was removed and it is powered by a geared 4 speed electric motor. I have replaced the cross slide screw and am trying to track down the original change gears. It has a 4 jaw, (2) 3 jaw chucks, a backplate, a steady rest and a follow rest. It has the older style , non-cup style oilers, most missing the brass plugs.

    888c5b52-4976-4b23-9ca7-61621cb05bcf.jpgce93943b-635e-4465-aaf0-7cbc3e9bd801.jpg5fc885bd-30c6-4262-96d0-c0bd00d5a45f.jpg

  11. Likes swells liked this post
  12. #2108
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiank View Post
    The serial number card for the lathe I posted about a couple weeks back.

    sb_lathe_serial_1.jpg

    sb_lathe_serial_2.jpg
    Thank you for the sn card.

    Steve

  13. #2109
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Mr. Wells, the data on my 9A lathe is as follows: Catalog no. 644-Z serial 106579. it is a horizontal drive and its data card indicates it was shipped 12/06/40.

  14. Likes swells liked this post
  15. #2110
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    New member here. Lathe is a model B10, catalog # 197Y, 3’ bed. Serial number 132451. 1 1/16” spindle bore, so type R? Thanks, looking forward to learning more here.

  16. Likes swells liked this post
  17. #2111
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Also a new member, and checked out your web site, WSWELLS.com and noticed there is an extensive listing of catalogs, parts list.
    I have a SouthBend catalog # 6301, parts list FORM 907G, lubrication chart # 5511 if you would like to post on this site as well.

  18. Likes swells liked this post
  19. #2112
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    Model 10L, Cat # 487-R, Bed 42 1/2, Serial #102327, US Navy serial # 000012

  20. Likes swells liked this post
  21. #2113
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toobiloo View Post
    I have a 1920 ish model 15 x 8 137-E gap bed Lathe.
    SN 22481
    It is currently in a wood shop where it does not get used so I plan to liberate it at some point. The original countershaft was removed and it is powered by a geared 4 speed electric motor. I have replaced the cross slide screw and am trying to track down the original change gears. It has a 4 jaw, (2) 3 jaw chucks, a backplate, a steady rest and a follow rest. It has the older style , non-cup style oilers, most missing the brass plugs.

    888c5b52-4976-4b23-9ca7-61621cb05bcf.jpgce93943b-635e-4465-aaf0-7cbc3e9bd801.jpg5fc885bd-30c6-4262-96d0-c0bd00d5a45f.jpg
    22481 Yes, March/1920

    Thank you for the SN's

    Steve

  22. #2114
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyike View Post
    New member here. Lathe is a model B10, catalog # 197Y, 3’ bed. Serial number 132451. 1 1/16” spindle bore, so type R? Thanks, looking forward to learning more here.
    Yes, This is the smaller thru-hole R(regular) spindle for the 11/16 Collet lathe, Standard Change Gears. S series, Cast Base Floor Lathe.

    Dates to end of Sept / first of Oct. 1942...War Baby!


    Thanks for the SN's

    Steve

  23. #2115
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgarg View Post
    Also a new member, and checked out your web site, WSWELLS.com and noticed there is an extensive listing of catalogs, parts list.
    I have a SouthBend catalog # 6301, parts list FORM 907G, lubrication chart # 5511 if you would like to post on this site as well.
    I will always accept scanned documents, email to: [email protected]

    Thank you

  24. #2116
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by combahee View Post
    Model 10L, Cat # 487-R, Bed 42 1/2, Serial #102327, US Navy serial # 000012
    Dates to Aug. 1940, 10L with Bench Drive, 4-1/2 ft bed.

    Thanks for the numbers
    Steve

  25. #2117
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    Dates to Aug. 1940, 10L with Bench Drive, 4-1/2 ft bed.

    Thanks for the numbers
    Steve

  26. Likes swells liked this post
  27. #2118
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    35ea2607-f999-4e14-8a9b-8e3432986155.jpg Thanks for the response. I’m looking for rebuild kit, wipers,wicks,etc. is this model the same as a 9” undermount B?
    Steve(great name,eh?)

  28. Likes swells liked this post
  29. #2119
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    west virginia
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Picked up a series O, 13” and 5’ bed. Ser. No. 13711

  30. Likes swells liked this post
  31. #2120
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyike View Post
    35ea2607-f999-4e14-8a9b-8e3432986155.jpg Thanks for the response. I’m looking for rebuild kit, wipers,wicks,etc. is this model the same as a 9” undermount B?
    Steve(great name,eh?)
    I've always thought so...

    You need a felt kit for a Heavy ten, see Steve Brooks posts.
    Lets Call this lathe a Standard Change Gear,10 inch, 11/16 Collet lathe, S series. It's a letter series, Wide bed lathe (or Heavy Ten).
    It just has the smaller spindle.

    The Narrow bed lathes are the 8 inch, the Toolmaker 9, The Workshop 9 series and the Light 10 or 10K.
    There are a few parts that cross the models, but not many.

    I have the felt strips for the Apron and Gear box for a Heavy Ten. They are now $10.00, that includes $2.60 shipping first class.


    Steve


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
2