Serial Numbers Wanted - Page 108
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 108 of 116 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2314
  1. #2141
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Hi,
    I looked at a 10L Turret Floor lathe today, s/n 133414 LT5 looks like 1001-Z on the tag. Unfortunately, the turret is missing, the lathe is in total disrepair and worn out. Has the collet system intact. Hope this is helpful to you.
    Thanks
    Pat

  2. Likes swells liked this post
  3. #2142
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabjack14 View Post
    Attachment 249868I just got this lathe a couple of weeks ago and have not been able find out much about what all the serial number stands for. All I know about it is it’s a 10” modal A with a 4 1/2’ gap bed V belt rear drive motor. Catalog number CL 770RG. serial number 10675KAX2 it’s in pretty good condition, just needs a good cleaning. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Nice find, this is a 1964 10K (Light Ten) gap bed.
    It has 16 speeds with V-belt drive and back gear.
    Thanks for posting a Picture for us.

    Steve

  4. Likes Mabjack14 liked this post
  5. #2143
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    Thanks Steve the information is greatly appreciated this machine is a year older than me lol. I seen on the south bend website that the X meant special,how do I find out what that is.
    Thanks for your help,

  6. Likes swells liked this post
  7. #2144
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default

    I saw your post but I wasn't sure if my C9W10JR was the same as your C9-10JR. Yours certainly looked a lot cleaner

  8. Likes swells liked this post
  9. #2145
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    My catalog number is CL 187AB and serial number is: 6993RKL13

  10. Likes swells liked this post
  11. #2146
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMKoenig View Post
    My catalog number is CL 187AB and serial number is: 6993RKL13
    That should be a 1954 sir.

    thanks for the numbers,
    Steve

  12. #2147
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patfreeman View Post
    Hi,
    I looked at a 10L Turret Floor lathe today, s/n 133414 LT5 looks like 1001-Z on the tag. Unfortunately, the turret is missing, the lathe is in total disrepair and worn out. Has the collet system intact. Hope this is helpful to you.
    Thanks
    Pat
    That's a 1942, was it an underdrive cast base floor lathe or a metal cabinet UMD?

    Steve

  13. #2148
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Hi Steve,
    It was an underdrive, cast base floor lathe.
    Pat

  14. #2149
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabjack14 View Post
    Thanks Steve the information is greatly appreciated this machine is a year older than me lol. I seen on the south bend website that the X meant special,how do I find out what that is.
    Thanks for your help,
    More than likely, the X is for a Ground & Hardened Bed. The Bed Unit code on the right hand rear flat way, behind the tailstock,
    will tell you if it's a hard bed. It will not any oil spotting marks on the bed and the original non-hardened Unit code was B800NK,
    The Hard bed Unit code is B800NKG.
    If it's a non-hardened bed, you would have to see the Serial Number Card to discern what option was added.
    Serial Card for South Bend Lathe - Grizzly.com

    Steve

  15. #2150
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargrit View Post
    I saw your post but I wasn't sure if my C9W10JR was the same as your C9-10JR. Yours certainly looked a lot cleaner
    Yes, same model, I've been searching for years for the explanation on the "10JR", my original thoughts were that the riser blocks were and option for this model, or that it was the precursor model before introducing the "Light Ten" 10K, but can't proof any connection yet.


    Steve

  16. #2151
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patfreeman View Post
    Hi Steve,
    It was an underdrive, cast base floor lathe.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat,
    Updated, CBUMD

    Steve

  17. #2152
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    163
    Likes (Received)
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabjack14 View Post
    Attachment 249868I just got this lathe a couple of weeks ago and have not been able find out much about what all the serial number stands for. All I know about it is it’s a 10” modal A with a 4 1/2’ gap bed V belt rear drive motor. Catalog number CL 770RG. serial number 10675KAX2 it’s in pretty good condition, just needs a good cleaning. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    More than likely, the X is for a Ground & Hardened Bed. The Bed Unit code on the right hand rear flat way, behind the tailstock,
    will tell you if it's a hard bed. It will not any oil spotting marks on the bed and the original non-hardened Unit code was B800NK,
    The Hard bed Unit code is B800NKG.
    If it's a non-hardened bed, you would have to see the Serial Number Card to discern what option was added.
    Serial Card for South Bend Lathe - Grizzly.com

    Steve
    A harden and ground bed was not an option on the Gap bed lathe. They were all soft.
    Ted

  18. Likes swells liked this post
  19. #2153
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Thanks for the correction Ted, I should have checked the sheet, I see it now. GN3168
    What happened to all the GN's...? did they go with the parts inventory files? Did you have copies in your office,
    that made it home?
    News...I'm back to work with the competition shop one block away with a pay raise...LOL, really happy!!!

    Steve

  20. #2154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    163
    Likes (Received)
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    Thanks for the correction Ted, I should have checked the sheet, I see it now. GN3168
    What happened to all the GN's...? did they go with the parts inventory files? Did you have copies in your office,
    that made it home?
    News...I'm back to work with the competition shop one block away with a pay raise...LOL, really happy!!!

    Steve
    I don’t have the General Notices ☹️
    I’m glad to hear that things are working out 🙂
    Ted

  21. #2155
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Hi Steve, I purchased a 13" this weekend, it is serial # 14794 TKX, also see the # DD8200TG on the opposite side, the 8 may be a B, not sure. Catalog # CLC145B. Attached is a picture.
    Thanks
    Pat20190303_150625.jpg

  22. Likes swells liked this post
  23. #2156
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    409
    Likes (Received)
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patfreeman View Post
    Hi Steve, I purchased a 13" this weekend, it is serial # 14794 TKX, also see the # DD8200TG on the opposite side, the 8 may be a B, not sure. Catalog # CLC145B. Attached is a picture.
    Thanks
    Pat20190303_150625.jpg
    Very nice 13-inch, this should be a 1975, D1 Cam Loc spindle. The Bed code would be DDB200TG, Hardened and Ground Bedways.

    Thanks for posting a photo

    Steve

  24. #2157
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    Thanks Steve

  25. #2158
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    I bought a 10" south bend from a friend a few years ago (2013) and have never put it to use yet, it is waiting for retirement and final move to AZ. I am absolutely unsure of what numbers I have recorded, because they seem to be (perhaps) only bed information. Perhaps not. I picked them up from the end of the bed on the flat behind the tailstock.

    9108RKX14

    I would be happy to know what it means. I got it with a bunch of stuff: a taper attachment, a 5C collet closer, several plates, a 6" 3 jaw chuck and a bunch of other stuff I have not even looked at yet. Even a spare carriage drive screw. It is a very cute machine, looks like it will do way more than I will ever need just for home use. Brilliant.

  26. Likes swells liked this post
  27. #2159
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Steve,

    Just picked up a South Bend 10R at auction, serial number 7484RKC13, catalog number CLC187R.

    Johnny

  28. Likes swells liked this post
  29. #2160
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    If my math is right? 1928/29 16 inch gap bed with 8 foot bed #39620. If any one has some metric transposing gears laying around or can give me the specs I'd appreciate it.

  30. Likes swells liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •