Serial Numbers Wanted - Page 114
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2287
  1. #2261
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickChange View Post
    Attachment 265250

    Steve, can you opine on the model of this one: CL370ZD. I had an earlier post about this lathe, Attachment 265249and I'll try to post a few pics here. It has the large dials on it. I think Ted thinks that it is simply a 9A with the large dial option. The s/n is 30675NKR8. Sorry about the pics scattered about...
    I have this serial number listed as a 1952 9A CL344-ZD 12 speed underdrive.
    The Gearbox in the photo is from a later model 10K 12 speed underdrive(CL370-ZD)
    The 1952 serial number is too early to have the large dials as an option I believe, so Ted is correct, they probably we added.
    Just replace the plate with the correct model stamped in the older style plate and you are good,

    nice owner example of a 344 with dials added:
    4.jpg

  2. #2262
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio, USA
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    I have this serial number listed as a 1952 9A CL344-ZD 12 speed underdrive.
    The Gearbox in the photo is from a later model 10K 12 speed underdrive(CL370-ZD)
    The 1952 serial number is too early to have the large dials as an option I believe, so Ted is correct, they probably we added.
    Just replace the plate with the correct model stamped in the older style plate and you are good,

    nice owner example of a 344 with dials added:
    4.jpg
    Steve, thanks for that info. So, I think this one is another "Frankenlathe" and I'll probably pass on it. The compound shows evidence of many severe "crashes" into the headstock/chuck (this was a "school" lathe) so that may have been what happened to the original gearbox (broken gears, perhaps?). The rest of it does not look TOO bad, but the ways look to have considerable wear on them based on the pics I have seen. The owner is asking $1350. It has a thread dial, a new 4-jaw chuck and some (sparse) tooling. If anyone has interest let me know and I'll provide contact info, but be advised since it was a school lathe it was probably run pretty hard with very minimal care.

  3. Likes swells liked this post
  4. #2263
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Cat# 8187-YN
    Serial# 133,766
    20190924_100946.jpg

  5. Likes swells liked this post
  6. #2264
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    14.5 W/6 Foot bed
    Catalog # 8183C
    Serial # 75FKR8

  7. Likes swells liked this post
  8. #2265
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edoskocil View Post
    Cat# 8187-YN
    Serial# 133,766
    20190924_100946.jpg
    Thank you for the card info, I can't see a ship date on it, only the order date, that's odd.
    I would guess it shipped in Dec. 1942.
    10L Tool Room Lathe.

    Steve

  9. #2266
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtmegrad View Post
    14.5 W/6 Foot bed
    Catalog # 8183C
    Serial # 75FKR8
    Very low number on the new serial number system, 1947 FKR revision 8 Tool Room Lathe.

    Steve

  10. #2267
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Serial No. 57160NAR10

  11. Likes swells liked this post
  12. #2268
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    16" 8' gap-bed lathe
    Catalog #140-E
    S/N G25032 (built in 1922, bed cast in 01OCT1920)
    Spindle thread is 2 3/8-8, almost all literature I can find (catalogs, etc.) claims it should be 2 3/8-6, but apparently that was standard till 1924 (?).

  13. Likes swells liked this post
  14. #2269
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    I believe it is a 9C. 88640. 452aea3b-5de6-4cba-9bd8-4a6498b21440.jpg8d37f0ca-a2af-41ab-9509-701f42ab1de2.jpg86e3ca4e-2caa-4f63-b446-5cd9389e5a1f.jpg2547ef9e-d3bd-4af5-80a4-8e3e2d9ec385.jpg5deed7b3-e02c-49a2-b17c-2d5a66ae87ad.jpg

  15. Likes swells liked this post
  16. #2270
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    hey all so i just got my hands on this beauty!!!!

    Ser.#59647
    ship date 7/10/35 Chicago IL
    9"X3'
    #405-y
    type lathe: Work.b.hor.plain.cs
    color: Gray

    this bad boy is in really really good condition, unfortunately the same cannot be said for the chucks. so im in need of a new at least a 3 jaw chuck if anyone has a suggestion i would much appreciate it

  17. Likes swells liked this post
  18. #2271
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    This would be a 1968 Workshop 9-A, do you have a model or catalog number?

    Steve



    Quote Originally Posted by ebj View Post
    Serial No. 57160NAR10

  19. #2272
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    You are correct, 1939 Workshop 9C
    I can't read the model tag, only the 3-1/2 foot.
    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by grover99 View Post
    I believe it is a 9C. 88640. 452aea3b-5de6-4cba-9bd8-4a6498b21440.jpg8d37f0ca-a2af-41ab-9509-701f42ab1de2.jpg86e3ca4e-2caa-4f63-b446-5cd9389e5a1f.jpg2547ef9e-d3bd-4af5-80a4-8e3e2d9ec385.jpg5deed7b3-e02c-49a2-b17c-2d5a66ae87ad.jpg

  20. #2273
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default South Bend Lathe Idenification

    My husband picked up a WWII era 9" South Bend Lathe Ser. No. 2041383. The covers are missing, but everything else is intact and working. We would like to learn the model # and date of manufacture. lath7.jpglath2.jpglath3.jpglath5.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lath2a.jpg  

  21. Likes swells liked this post
  22. #2274
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    You are correct, 1939 Workshop 9C
    I can't read the model tag, only the 3-1/2 foot.
    Steve
    It looks like it says 415- ZA.

  23. Likes swells liked this post
  24. #2275
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 63redtudor View Post
    16" 8' gap-bed lathe
    Catalog #140-E
    S/N G25032 (built in 1922, bed cast in 01OCT1920)
    Spindle thread is 2 3/8-8, almost all literature I can find (catalogs, etc.) claims it should be 2 3/8-6, but apparently that was standard till 1924 (?).
    Rare Gap Bed O series.
    The Spindle was 2-3/8-8 until 12-19-1924, then changed to 2-3/8-6
    See this link:
    http://www.wswells.com/data/fte/head...es/chart-2.jpg

    Steve

  25. #2276
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 63redtudor View Post
    16" 8' gap-bed lathe
    Catalog #140-E
    S/N G25032 (built in 1922, bed cast in 01OCT1920)
    Spindle thread is 2 3/8-8, almost all literature I can find (catalogs, etc.) claims it should be 2 3/8-6, but apparently that was standard till 1924 (?).
    Does this lathe have a friction clutch? (a B model with change gears?)

    Steve

  26. #2277
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peep Labrie View Post
    My husband picked up a WWII era 9" South Bend Lathe Ser. No. 2041383. The covers are missing, but everything else is intact and working. We would like to learn the model # and date of manufacture. lath7.jpglath2.jpglath3.jpglath5.jpg
    This is a WWII time frame Workshop Model 9A Catalog No 344-? Underneath Motor V-Drive, 16 Speed.
    The serial number you list is invalid, the SN is stamped on the right side bed flat-way by the tailstock.

    Steve

  27. #2278
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grover99 View Post
    It looks like it says 415- ZA.
    Thanks grover, got it.

  28. #2279
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    160
    Likes (Received)
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swells View Post
    This is a WWII time frame Workshop Model 9A Catalog No 344-? Underneath Motor V-Drive, 16 Speed.
    The serial number you list is invalid, the SN is stamped on the right side bed flat-way by the tailstock.

    Steve
    Steve,
    This machine is a horizontal drive. I don’t think the bench is original.
    Ted

  29. Likes swells liked this post
  30. #2280
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default

    You are correct Sir, I didn't check that picture very well...lol
    And It's configured as a model B not an A.
    If it's not a converted Model C and has the NBR Serial number then it would be either a 577 or a 777 depending on the Pulley.
    It looks like it might have the 2-step pulley (777), but the countershaft is backwards...I think...maybe, lol
    Steve
    Last edited by swells; 10-29-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: add


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •