What's new
What's new

series O compound rest

reddogforge

Plastic
the compound on my 11" is pretty roached, looks like it was crashed into the chuck about a million times. does anyone out there know if the 11 shared its compound with the 9 or the 13? having a hell of a time locating a 11" series O

the compound on my 11" is pretty roached, looks like it was crashed into the chuck about a million times. does anyone out there know if the 11 shared its compound with the 9 or the 13? having a hell of a time locating a 11" series O

I don't know. But how about some pics, and we'll have a look. :D

Might have ideas depending on how wrecked it is.

Is it worse than this:
Getting Another South Bend 16x6 Operational

Check posts 39 through 48.

on par with that yes, i was considering doing a very similar repair but like the idea of the flat screw instead of my idea of a series of pins and JB weld... thanks for that. was just kinda hoping to avoid the labor at this point....one less thing.pick my battles as it were... *stares at his tailstock*

I have an adaptor that was made to be able to use a 10L compound on an 11” series O (see picture)
Ted

Attachments

• AD3ADA9C-5726-411D-8EE6-0B73A4F68ADD.jpg
    AD3ADA9C-5726-411D-8EE6-0B73A4F68ADD.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 32
I have an adaptor that was made to be able to use a 10L compound on an 11” series O (see picture)
Ted

I feel like you have a few old never used straight from southbend lathes packed away deep inside your vault covered with Cosmoline
Waiting to be nestled into my garage!

Back