What's new
What's new

series O saddle compound screw, how do i get er off?

reddogforge

Plastic
ok so trying to remove the compound screw off my saddle, is this screwed on or press fit? i cant find any internal set screws, i dont want to go wacking on things or torquing away...how do i get the thing out?cs1.jpgcs2.jpg

See the flats on the hexagon?

Unscrew that bushing

But you may want to see if there are any set screws preventing the unscrewing - surely they were on the ball enough to not require the saddle to be off the apron

ok so trying to remove the compound screw off my saddle, is this screwed on or press fit? i cant find any internal set screws, i dont want to go wacking on things or torquing away...how do i get the thing out?View attachment 289563View attachment 289564

Not intimately familiar with yours, but based on what I see, and knowing how mine came out, I would expect crossfeed screw to just push through toward your wall.

If you are trying to get inside portion of dial off, that ought to be screwed in to saddle, normal thread rotation, righty tighty. However, on my 2H lathe I could not get that unscrewed, be it corrosion on threads, over tightening, not sure. But it was never coming out without destroying it. So I let it be. On another lathe, I unscrewed it no problem.

thanks fellas! came out easy peasey lemon squeezy, threw a wrench and short breaker bar, steady pressure, did the charm right nice. appreciate yas!

Back