What's new
What's new

Shims

Menessis

Aluminum
Does anyone know where I can find the headstock shims? I will probably need them for my Heavy 10. I have seen them on ebay before but can't find them now.

Menessis

I have cut them from pop cans... Some will cry foul at this claiming dielectric corrosion or some other nonsense. you can also cut them from brass shim stock if you like.

Just keep the front and back shim stacks within .0015" or so you don't want to bend the bearing caps.

Does anyone know where I can find the headstock shims? I will probably need them for my Heavy 10. I have seen them on ebay before but can't find them now.

Menessis

find your local tooling supplier, they can get shim stock at various thicknesses. local to me in ontario, i know that here in Woodstock the fastener center carries it as well as my local tooling reps

Hello BT Fab. We are almost neighbors. I live over by Scotland :) Small world. Fastenal used to be a good place to go but a few years back the local shop told me I had to have an account! Kinda sucked.

I'm talking about the shim stacks that peel off. Somebody had started reproducing them I thought.

Menessis

Back