What's new
What's new

Source for reproduction nameplates

grandtools

Banned
I know it's been talked about here a few times, but I'm looking for the best source for South Bend reproduction nameplates, mainly for the quick change boxes. From those who have already bought them, what are the best sources, and are there any that you were not happy with?

I have some N.O.S. index plates for South Bend gearboxes:
16 - 14 1/2" single tumbler
13" single tumbler
10" non-wide range double tumbler

I also have the late model aluminium & black index plates:
10"
13"
14 1/2"-16"

I have many of the other non-gearbox plates available.
Ted
[email protected]

I have reproduction plates available for nearly all plates found on South Bend lathes. Send email for more information.

Jim

Not sure how to contact Jim Kull. Help!

I have reproduction plates available for nearly all plates found on South Bend lathes. Send email for more information.

Jim

I need to order a plate but don;t quite understand how to contact Jim. Somebody please point me inthe right direction.

Thanks,

Tom

Zombie thread, yet again.

This ebay search will locate several vendors of reproduction plates, without a bunch of false hits:

south bend lathe (plate, tag, chart, plates) -face -club -back -chuck -dog -wall -backing | eBay

The following vendor usually has several listings; to save on shipping you would most likely request an invoice.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dt38k/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Not sure if I would order from him, one of his listings says "don't ask if I have plates not listed, I won't respond".

And since my gearbox plate has a "notch" at the top left for an oil hole, and none of his plates do, I guess I will need to go elsewhere.

I realize this thread has been quiet for some time, but I just acquired a South Bend Lathe 10L and it is missing two plates. I'm wondering if Jim Kull is still supplying such plates or if anyone knows of a current, alternative source.

Much thanks,

Sorry to hear that, looks like he had given a lot to the SBL community. Any leads on getting plates (other than obvious - eBay, craigslist) would be appreciated.

I realize this thread has been quiet for some time, but I just acquired a South Bend Lathe 10L and it is missing two plates. I'm wondering if Jim Kull is still supplying such plates or if anyone knows of a current, alternative source.

Much thanks,

I got the plate that has the lubrication instructions from here: Products
– Farm Boy Sales

For a 10L maybe filter by both 10" and 10L.

David

Back