What's new
What's new

South Bend 10 K Question

Jsm48306

Plastic
New to this web site. Working on my South Bend 10K lathe that I bought last fall. It's in fair shape just repairing a few items. The main issue is that
someone had replaced the lead screw with a threaded rod. I have a replacement and my issue is the gear inside the quick change gearbox that drives the lead screw is not original. The one that was in there is 18 tooth gear not sure if that is correct. The parts list calls out part number PT628NK1 it's the same on 9" lathes.
Was wondering in someone might have 1 or could give any info like number of teeth or dimensions of that gear. Here's a picture of lathe and serial card
Thanks Jeff
20200611_135358.jpgSerial card South Bend.jpg

Hi Jeff,

The lead screw gear should be 20 tooth for the 9"/10k lathes. It's a 16DP gear, so has a pitch dia. of 1.250". I don't have one to sell, but I do see them on eBay from time to time. Best of luck.

Paula

New to this web site. Working on my South Bend 10K lathe that I bought last fall. It's in fair shape just repairing a few items. The main issue is that
someone had replaced the lead screw with a threaded rod. I have a replacement and my issue is the gear inside the quick change gearbox that drives the lead screw is not original. The one that was in there is 18 tooth gear not sure if that is correct. The parts list calls out part number PT628NK1 it's the same on 9" lathes.
Was wondering in someone might have 1 or could give any info like number of teeth or dimensions of that gear. Here's a picture of lathe and serial card
Thanks Jeff
View attachment 317519View attachment 317520
I have a leadscrew gear for sale.
Send me an email
Ted
[email protected]

Back