What's new
What's new

South Bend Backplate For 14 1/2 Lathe For Sale

Kevin T

Stainless
F.S. South Bend Backplate For 14 1/2 Lathe

I am getting rid of a backplate i don't need. It's off a Skinner Chuck made for Southbend Lathes that someone here might need.

Thread is 2 1/4-6tpi. I poked around and believe it is for a 1940's era SB 14 1/2. It's in excellent shape, just too small for my lathe.

$80 bucks with shipping included to USA. If no interest you can find it on ebay after a week or so. It's the smaller one pictured. Major diameter is 5 1/2". Any questions let me know.

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image001.jpg

image004.jpg

Last edited:
I see the larger one looks too deep on the natural end to screw onto your spindle. If you flip it the wrong way, will it screw on ?

If it does, you might be able to bolt it on to one of your good back plates and turn down that end that is too deep.

Edit: I feel deja vu, did we chat about this previous ? :D

I see the larger one looks too deep on the natural end to screw onto your spindle. If you flip it the wrong way, will it screw on ?

If it does, you might be able to bolt it on to one of your good back plates and turn down that end that is too deep.

Edit: I feel deja vu, did we chat about this previous ? :D

Thanks! The shoulder is too long for my liking but it sort of slipped my mind that I can use it on my lathe! lol. I guess I'll keep it for now. I got into cleaning mode since we are having a spell of bad weather and I'm tired of kicking all these broken chucks and parts that I store on the floor! Glad you mentioned it.

How about that genuine made for SB back plate gentlemen? Step right up..she's a beaut!

Back