What's new
What's new

South Bend Cabinet Key

SLK001

Stainless
I'm looking for any information as to what the key looks like for the South Bend cabinet. Specifically, the cabinet shown below. I would like a photograph of one (with a scale next to it) and also some basic dimensions (length, width and thickness). A manufacturer's name would be helpful.

I am trying to make a key to fit my locks. If I had the basic shape, I could create my own blank. This key would be fairly simple to duplicate by impressioning.

Any info would be appreciated.

DSCI1989.jpg

DSCI1990.jpg

SB2.jpg

When I fixed up my cabinet like that I took the locks to a locksmith and he made 3 keys for $15. It only took him a few minutes to figure out how to cut them from nothing.

Not what you asked for, but food for thought.

This is a simple warded lock. If you dismantle it you can easiy see the cuts needed on the
blank to operate it. Last time I did one of those, I found a small scale that was the exact
thickness needed and machined the key out of that.

Plus the graduations remaining on it look cool.

I've been needing to do this on our heavy 10. I'd be interested in seeing what they look like so I can check my hoard of orphaned keys. It's actually missing 2 lock assemblies so unless If anyone has some floating around....

Back