What's new
What's new

cross feed screw repair service

1mondo

Plastic
Hello
It's been a while since I posted anything.
A couple of years back I found a guy who could either repair or make new cross feed or compound slide screws and nuts and I used him for my heavy 10L compound slide feed screw and nut and was very happy with the job he did. Now I need a new cross feed screw and nut but cant remember or find his name or paperwork. I think I found him on this forum. Does anyone know his info or am I wrong about where I found him. MY 77 YR old brain just ain't what it used to be!
Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Ray

Hello
It's been a while since I posted anything.
A couple of years back I found a guy who could either repair or make new cross feed or compound slide screws and nuts and I used him for my heavy 10L compound slide feed screw and nut and was very happy with the job he did. Now I need a new cross feed screw and nut but cant remember or find his name or paperwork. I think I found him on this forum. Does anyone know his info or am I wrong about where I found him. MY 77 YR old brain just ain't what it used to be!
Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks
Ray

Busy guy, but still active on PM, every now and then, the one as first comes to mind, given he makes them for Monarch's as well, is Brian Miller.

Miller Machine & Fabrication
Rr 1 Box 108
Carrollton, IL 62016

Phone: (618) 946-0793

I have a couple of his superb test bars, too, #12 jarno for the 10EE's, 5 MT for "the French gal". He does those in the tapers for SB lathes as well:

Products – Miller Machine and Fabrication

[email protected]

Jawhawkman has done several SB and LeBlond repairs for me in the past with excellent results. You can google his screen name and find his phone number easily.

Forum member Naru does it now too.

Depending on what style machine you have, I probably already have a screw and nut ready that I could send to you.

Cool
It's a Heavy 10L without the taper attachment. are the screw and nut new?
Any other info you need? I'm very interested! Let me know about price and shipping.
Thanks
Ray

The name jawhawkman kind of rings a bell I'll see how Naru works out, hopefully I wont have to track down jawhawkman
Thanks for the help
Ray

Me again
Like I said in my post, it's been awhile since I posted anything but I seem to remember that forum notified you by email when you had a reply.
Has that changed or am I dreaming again?
Ray

If anyone else is in need of replacement cross slide or compound screws or nuts feel free to send me a DM, I also can make you screws for non south Bend lathes as well.

Back