What's new
What's new

South Bend Heavy 10 Metric Lathe

Joseph Durnya

Aluminum
Hey guys,

used machine dealer stripped a heavy 10 metric lathe to part out.. i grabbed the gear box, banjo, transposing gears, lead screw, carriage with large dial, compound with large dial and a 4 position thread dial...

can still probably get the apron.. not sure if anything in there is metric or different from a standard apron.. should i grab it ?

contemplating taking one of my heavy 10's and converting it, ( that would justifying me keeping 2 heavy 10 lathes )

thoughts ?

thanks,

Joe

well, the guy is out till monday so ill have to wait.. measured the leadscrew this morning and its for a 4.5 ft lathe.. where i have 2 3.5 lathes so i know he will sell me the apron but now i just have more parts... i picked this up in passing so i really didnt look at the bedways... i may just try to buy all the rest of the pcs...

yes the dials are metric and i believe the tailstock is as well...

is the metric heavy 10 worth any more than the imperial version ? maybe i shouldnt even buy the rest of the pcs...

thnks

Joe

Do you know if he will sell the lathe cabinet.I am looking for a "late" style cabinet for a 4 1/2 heavy 10.I would like to get a contact number if you don't mind.Thanks,Randall.

Do you know if he will sell the lathe cabinet.I am looking for a "late" style cabinet for a 4 1/2 heavy 10.I would like to get a contact number if you don't mind.Thanks,Randall.

Randall, im in it pretty deep now.. i may have to purchase ALL the rest of the parts and put it back together... if not i will pass it along to you..

Joe

Randall, im in it pretty deep now.. i may have to purchase ALL the rest of the parts and put it back together... if not i will pass it along to you..

Joe

Randall, just wanted to let you know.. i decided to purchase the rest of the parts to put that heavy 10 back together so unfortunately the lathe cabinet wont be available..

Joe

Back