What's new
What's new

South bend lathe parts new in original box

Raystkd

Plastic
I was directed to this site by someone at Grizzly. My father owned NU-EX INC. that specialized in mobile work shops. He passed away a few years ago and I recently found in his garage several Southbend Lathe parts brand new still in the original box. I have part numbers and pictures. One still had the original invoice dated from 1983. All the parts are in very good condition and have never been used. Among the parts are scroll chucks, follow rest, steady rest, sm face plate and Jacobs headstock chuck for 6" lathe. I know it would him very happy to know they went to good use. If someone can help identify these parts and know someone who could use them, I would love for them to go to good use and get a fair price for them. I can provide pictures and a complete list of items with quantities. I have added three pictures to an album on the site. Anyone who has information or is interested, please contact me as I am new to this forum

Ray Rodriguez
[email protected]

Lathe Parts pics

Like I had previously mentioned, I am new to this site and had a hard time posting pictures. When I tried it deleted my original post. I will try again. The scroll chucks, follow rest, steady rest and sm fsce plate all came from the same box so I would assume they all came from Southbend. I do not have documents for the steady rest and the follow rest has a tag which you will be able to see once I post the pictures. The scroll chuck and the face plate are in the original boxes. The scroll chuck comes with the inspection certificate. My father exported mobile work shops that would have been used out in the field to repair drill rigs etc. These were originally purchased in 1983. They are still in excellent condition and have never been used or moved since. I am not a machinist and have never worked on a lathe.

20190510_143949_resized_1.jpg
20190510_143529_resized_1.jpg
20190510_144114_resized_1.jpg
20190510_144126_resized_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20190510_131607_resized.jpg
    20190510_131607_resized.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 180
RAy, can you take a decent measure from the bottom flat side of the steady rest to the center of the circle?

so far the steady and follow have me stumped.

I have one sold. It is a 5 inch chuck. I just posted it on EBAY. Let me know if you are interested and I can provide you with more information

It would appear to me that you have some parts that fit an “8x16” asian lathe, which SB sells NOW, but I would not even know if they sold them then. The follow and steady rests are most likely this. It says “816” on that tag. Google “8x16” lathe and see what you see.
The Jacobs chuck, by the 1x10 thread mount, would fit an Atlas 6in lathe, 6x18, and possibly the same 8x16 as the previous paragraph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the information. Since my father got these items to put on a mobile workshop. The customer would specify what he needed such as welders tools, lathes etc and have them mounted on an international flat bed truck. They would use these mobile workshops to do repairs on drill rigs etc out in the field. It means a lot to me to get these to people who could use and appreciate them. I know my father would be proud and if I can make a few dollars its a win win.

Not sure what you mean. What would you consider a fair price for these chucks considering they are still in original box with anti-rust paper and inspection certificate. I am not out to get rich from these just want to get a fair price and put them to some good use. Any idea or suggestions are welcome.

All I know is 500 will get you a new 5" Bison with 2 piece jaws and a baxkplate to mount it.

we're it me I might ask 350 and take best offer,but that's just me.

Back