What's new
What's new

South Bend Lathe printing blocks

savage_hunter

Aluminum
I have a bunch of old South Bend Lathe printing blocks (yeah from a printing press).

printing_blocks.jpg
printing_block.jpg

I have a few dozen of these things sitting around. I wanted to display them in my office, but that never happened. Now i'm moving and need to sell some things. If anyone is interested they are for sale. I'll email pictures if interested.

My ol war machine 14 1/2 is going up for sale too. My stomach is in knots typing that...

I have a bunch of old South Bend Lathe printing blocks (yeah from a printing press).

View attachment 316908
View attachment 316909

I have a few dozen of these things sitting around. I wanted to display them in my office, but that never happened. Now i'm moving and need to sell some things. If anyone is interested they are for sale. I'll email pictures if interested.

My ol war machine 14 1/2 is going up for sale too. My stomach is in knots typing that...

Sorry to read that this is not the path you were planning for but those print masters are really cool. How did they come into your possession?

Sorry to read that this is not the path you were planning for but those print masters are really cool. How did they come into your possession?

Right place right time I guess. I seem to find interesting things.

They must have been from their advertising department because they all look like sales brochures or magazine articles. Some of them have prices for their machines. There is one where they show a picture of a big telescope and say parts from the telescope were made on South Bend lathes.

The detail of these are AMAZING. I wish the camera could do them justice. It's like an engraved photograph negative. Everything is in reverse.

Hello! I came across this while searching for printing blocks related to South Bend. I own a few antique presses that I'm working on getting into operation, and my partner owns a couple South Bend lathes. His father and grandfather also both retired from SBL, so I'd love to own a few SBL blocks. Are you looking to sell them as a lot or would you be interested in selling a couple of them separately?

Hello! I came across this while searching for printing blocks related to South Bend. I own a few antique presses that I'm working on getting into operation, and my partner owns a couple South Bend lathes. His father and grandfather also both retired from SBL, so I'd love to own a few SBL blocks. Are you looking to sell them as a lot or would you be interested in selling a couple of them separately?

Hi Kate,

I want to sell the whole lot. I sent you a PM asking for contact info.

Back