What's new
What's new

South Bend Restoration Threads - Sticky

bradjacob

Titanium
There are always new members who buy South Bend machines. Whether they're experienced machinists or beginners who want to learn, most will want to bring these beauties back to life with some degree of restoration work. And without fail, the same issues and questions come up. I know from my own experience, I was pretty overwhelmed at the process. So I decided to make a sticky that includes links to all the greatest restorations we've seen on this forum. A place where someone can look through all the pictorials and see what's involved and decide the best path to take. And hopefully they'll have a lot of their questions answered and learn a thing or two.

This thread will include restorations of (any) South Bend machine. Lathes, drill presses, shapers, grinders and mills.

* If you know of a thread that I've missed - PLEASE PM ME (don't respond to this thread) and I'll get it into the thread if it's appropriate.

LATHES

• 9" & JR's

• 10" & 11"

Drill Press

Last edited:
This is the section to add links (only) for upgrades or major modifications (for example: "Apron Rebuild", or "Replacing a spindle").

Back