What's new
What's new

Southbend Compound

Sunzoom7

Plastic
So I have an old Southbend 14" lathe and there are no serial numbers on it anywhere.. Im trying to refurb the crosslide and compound, the compound has no dial on it and it looks like someone replaced the acme threaed rod with a standard v thread rod and made a nut. I want to find a replacement compound that will fit my crosslide instead of dealing with this one. The only numbers i can find on it is the number "11" stamped in it and the gib. Can anyone ID this thing?compound1.jpgcompound.jpg

So I have an old Southbend 14" lathe and there are no serial numbers on it anywhere.. Im trying to refurb the crosslide and compound, the compound has no dial on it and it looks like someone replaced the acme threaed rod with a standard v thread rod and made a nut. I want to find a replacement compound that will fit my crosslide instead of dealing with this one. The only numbers i can find on it is the number "11" stamped in it and the gib. Can anyone ID this thing?View attachment 316006View attachment 316007

I doubt it is a 14”. Maybe a 15”, or 13”, or ???
Give the dimensions and maybe I have something that will work.
Ted

Well it measures 7" from the ways to the center of the chuck so i assumed it was 14" What dimensions do you want me to give you?

Back