What's new
What's new

spindle bearing?

SUOMI

Plastic
Can't find new spindle bearings for a heavy 10. Anyone have a link? I'm talking about the thrust bearing with the washers. Found an end bearing.

Last edited:
It's the inboard thrust bearing he is looking for.

were it me I would try this-(untized thrust bearing)
Merchant Automotive - Allison T2 Bearing | eBay

The dimensions are-
2.594" OD
1.917" ID
.141" thick

Just make an insert to slip/light press/ in it to reduce the ID to the needed 1.8755-1.88" and make it the appropriate thickness to get to the .437"?? IIRC thickness.

for a few bucks and the time to make an insert/spacer you can't go wrong, You could even stick one on the outboard side too and eliminate virtually all end play.

The one I'm using on mine to replace the fiber washer is this:

AC Delco 24214159
ID: 48.550 mm / 1.911"
OD: 66.140mm / 2.603"
D: 3.626mm / 0.143"

Probably would work fine for the inboard bearing too.

I haven't made the spacer, but its on my list of stuff to do once I trip over a hunk of freebium of suitable size.

Looks more like a radial type bearing. For the bearing in question though, it sees no radial load. All of that is handled by the bronze shell bushings in the headstock casting. Its purely a thrust bearing to keep the spindle from moving laterally.

that is a 4 point bearing, Kaydon also makes an angular contact version(KA020ARO).

But for the money I would try the unitized thrust first,it may fail but only out a few bucks if it does, and if it holds up would be great news for 10" and 13" owners with worn out thrust bearings.

Back