What's new
What's new

Supplier for brass ball valve oiler?

Chrispyny

Plastic
Getting back into my 1982 South Bend 13” lathe restoration again. Life got busy for almost a year and a half. I’m on vacation this week and already made substantial progress after thanksgiving through today.

I’m done with every part and have only the bed, legs and pedestal left.

I pounded out my 1/2” gits brass gb ball oilers on my saddle, destroying them in the process. The surface of each was nicked up fairly well, so i would have replaced them regardless.

It troubles to see the 1/2” gits gb oilers no longer come in brass. They are plated steel. Does anyone have a source for these in brass? I have performed a search and many others seem to dislike the ball oilers. I prefer originality and would like to replace part for part. If forced, i will reluctantly replace them with the steel version which is available.

Also need a knurled screw for my crossfeed dial and long oiler located on the tumbler.

Thanks everyone for your attention. Happy thanksgiving.

Just an fyi. I found a guy who had the brass 5/8” oilers on the e of bays. I emailed him and he had thirteen of the 1/2” new old stock oilers he found, of which i purchased four. Who ever needs some, he has 9 left.

Still looking for the very long gits oiler which sits on the reverse tumbler for my thirteen. Mine is long gone.

Back