What's new
What's new

Taper attachment feed screws for heavy 10

SUOMI

Plastic
Anyone know of some prints on both feed screws for a heavy ten? And I have the large dial. Can't find any used. I have the tapper attachment but neither feed screws.

Thanks promacjoe but already have that was wondering if anyone has actual dimensions or drawings?

That lead screw print is what I was looking for. Thanks a ton but still left with a large dial cross feed screw that's longer than the one in swells pictures and no length to go by or bore and key way to tie them together. Anyone? Thanks promacjoe!

My 10L is currently disassembled so I could measure the screw for you but I'm a bit confused by your terminology. The print shown is for the cross feed not the "lead screw" which is what I consider the long one which drives the carriage off the gearbox. Do you need #11/12/13 in that 911J print? If you are close to Milwaukee you can come over and measure it yourself. My machine is a large dial with taper.

I'm in Appleton. Can't come any time soon but would like to. And yes I got my terminology wrong. My daughter goes to UWM so this would be a worth while trip in both ways. I'll be busy this month with school and work but keep this number 920-851-2186 Thanks a bunch, Suomi

Suomi,
Depending on the year of the lathe, there are two different feed screws.
The older model has a 7/16 rear shaft, and the newer has a 3/8 shaft with thrust bearings. Measure the ID of the rear cross feed screw sleeve on the taper attach. to tell us the size. The front of the cross feed screw is longer with large dials. This is a hard to find item, IE (costly) I have both, I can measure for you, but not for sale.

Steve

Thanks found a guy on ebay that sells them. Bit spendy but nice. I'll run the longer one out myself.

Back