What's new
What's new

Taper attatchment/bed clamp rod dimentions.

Jsheck89

Plastic
Got ahold of a bed clamp for my heavy 10 taper attatchment finally. I need dimensional measurements for the rod that goes between the bed clamp the the dovetail slide of the taper attatchement. I have one off a 13 but it is not correct on both ends and I'm sure its too long. So I have the thread pitch and diameter of the side that screws into the dove tail and that same side fits Into the bed clamp so I got those dimensions aswell. So I really just need a over all length or length of the center section of the rod. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Trying to machine one as close to a OEM one as I can. Impossible to find on its own. Thanks.

I measured mine and the shaft is about 6 1/4" from where it goes into the main casting to the end of the shaft coming out of the bracket. (See photos) The shaft is 5/8" in diameter, but steps down where it goes through the clamping bracket.
If you need other or more precise measurements, let me know.
Hope this helps.
CWC(4)
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!!!

I happen to have my mid 1940s taper attachment apart, it fits into a brass plug in the clamp not sure how it all is lined up during assembly
I measured 4 inches at 0.625" and 2.25 inches at 0.437, this includes about 0.71" of 7/16-14 threads

Attachments

• KIMG1016 (Small).JPG
    KIMG1016 (Small).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 14

Back