What's new
What's new

Vintage South Bend Vertical Mill

Greenemachin

Plastic

Hello Gents, Or should i say fellow machinests ? LOL
Well 2 yeARS ago i had this elderly guy hand down his tools,and Machines to me , they were in Family for 2 gens.and he was not very healthy and wanted them to go to good home with care, I'm just stunned and Grateful.
I,ve been a member here for some 2-3 years now, I know NOTHING about this Machinist stuff,,,,,I have projects and things i would love to do ,but only Dream, cause i not even know where to start...

This is where i can Start,
1. I need a manual,so i can learn this thing,
Can someone Help me locate? I have searched the WWW, But not find yet, i searched here,I will attach some pics. and what i do know about Mill.
I am Greatful for people like you here that have knowledge to help and teach...
I have been on YouTube watching Mr.Pete (Teacher) This guy knows his stuff.
I would like to chat with him, cause i need to make some things, and need A master guide.. I wanna learn how to make a press and jigs for Crankshafts for Vintage snowmobiles..
THANKS ,,GreeneMachine02Pixlr_20191218212842855.jpgPixlr_20191218212751634.jpgPixlr_20191218212703414.jpgPixlr_20191218212556257.jpgPixlr.jpg

If you can find a local community college that still offers basic machine courses I would highly recommend that, your next option would be finding a local mentor that can give you enough time to get started, 3rd option is watch a shload of YT and hope for the best. The basics are pretty easy to pickup, the real education can only be learned thru experience as you look at each new job and figure out how you are going to do it.

Back