What's new
What's new

Wanted Dead center for L00 spindle

barryw

Aluminum
I don’t know the part number but I am looking for a dead center that will match the internal taper of my 16 inch 1959 lathe l00 spindle. I believe the same one was used on the 13 and maybe even some 10 inch lathes. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell?

Regards,
Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, MT3 would be best since then I could reuse the accessories I already have for the tailstock. Thanks for the info.
Anyone got one of those sitting in a toolbox?

Are these sleeves supposed to be hardened? Cutting the taper would maybe be possible for me with much futsing around with the taper attachment to transfer the internal taper and I guess the same it true of the MT3 taper but hardening is probably a bridge too far for me right now.

SLK001, did you harden the sleeves you made before?

I've made a few of these and sold them on ebay and here. If you're interested, I can make one for you in MT3 for you.

I bought a couple and can confirm they are nice, in case anyone is wondering. I do believe the L-00 dimensions are slightly different than the D1-4 though.

I have a L-00 sleeve (not for sale) if anyone needs dimensions.

SLK001, did you harden the sleeves you made before?

No, I don't harden the sleeve. I don't have the equipment to deal with the distortion from the hardening (tool-post grinder). With a decent fit, I don't see a need for a hardened sleeve. If anything "spins" while mounted, I would rather the sleeve absorb the damage as opposed to the spindle. I've been using my sleeves for a couple of years with no issues.

I bought a couple and can confirm they are nice, in case anyone is wondering. I do believe the L-00 dimensions are slightly different than the D1-4 though.

I have a L-00 sleeve (not for sale) if anyone needs dimensions.

Thanks for that endorsement. The L-00 sleeve is the same sleeve as the threaded spindle sleeve (SB# CL205H). Only the D1-4 sleeve is different (it is longer so that it sticks out beyond a face plate).

Back