What's new
What's new

What do you think of Grizzly buying SB name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeler1

Aluminum
buying the SB name? A nadir of US machine technology? Pimping an established name? A way to offer a hi-grade Taiwanese product? A complete scam? Blame the Democrats/Republicans/Other?

Myself, I think that it could be worse than a Grizzly taking the name. Theres others out there that would degrade it even more. I'll just wait and see what they offer and from where.

I am just wondering how long it will take for the "New South Bend Lathes " to arrive state side? They can advertise something to the effect "Over 100 years of quality and innovation", and "parts will also interchange with the current Grizzly" line also. Won't that be grand.

Lord save us all!

Craig Donges

South Bend Sold???

Just called LeBlond and the phone menu didn't include SB! The receptionist said the division was just sold yesterday. Anyone know where it's gone? The LeBlond staff did not have any info., just that a new website would be up in a few days.
Could be a good thing.
Payson

The receptionist said the division was just sold yesterday. Anyone know where it's gone?
Payson

No question that it is Grizzly:

Registrant:
South Bend Lathe Co.
PO Box 2027
Bellingham, WA 98227
US
Domain Name: SOUTHBENDLATHE.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
South Bend Lathe Co. [email protected]
PO Box 2027
Bellingham, WA 98227
US
360-647-0801

Record expires on 18-Jan-2014.
Record created on 18-Jan-2000.
Database last updated on 25-Mar-2009 12:11:42 EDT.
Domain servers in listed order:
SQUID1.GRIZZLY.COM 216.57.207.149
SQUID2.GRIZZLY.COM 216.57.207.150

About a week ago a small black bear came up on my deck and tore down the bird feeder. This was the first time that I know about that there was a bear in my yard since 2005. I have seen lots of bears in my life and only had two questionable encounters with them. However, I never, ever, thought that there was ever a chance that a Green Bear would eat my South Bend! Gary P. Hansen

Well, at least Grizzly is an American company, started by an American (and still owned by him), located in America, etc.

Not knocking the new 'global' economy or trying to start a flame war but I think that this fact might be encouraging with respect to keeping something of the South Bend tradition going.

I know that the owner of Grizzly is quite a gear-head and it could just be that he's taking advantage of an opportunity to keep a good old company alive.

Think positively!! (That or cry)

Pete

Based on these two threads:

I'm guessing that we will see new (hopefully not green), updated Heavy Ten in the near future.

-- James

James, and others. You guys are sharp!

I will answer a lot of questions tomorrow after all of you have had a chance to review the new website that will go live tomorrow. However, do go to www.southbendlathe.com today and take a last look at the old website. Then tomorrow, you will see the difference.

No, Grizzly did not buy South Bend. South Bend is a stand alone corporation and will be run as South Bend Lathe Co., the way it deservedly should be.

Pete,
You are right, Shiraz Balolia is just like us, he loves machines and working on them,
loves wood working and has built the American dream from hard work and love of the hobby. He bought and sold used machines a long time ago and probably knows that we
all love old iron and anything mechanical. I can admire anyone willing to work hard to
achive what he has.

Steve Wells

If Papagrizzly is really Mr Balolia, maybe we could convince him to post a few pictures of his home shop and his machines....:)

Steve

Well, at least now all my machines will be South Bend...

GRIZZSB.jpg

:D

"maybe we could convince him to post a few pictures of his home shop and his machines"

Yes, and may be he could tells about his plans for South Bend. Gary P. Hansen

James, and others. You guys are sharp!

I will answer a lot of questions tomorrow after all of you have had a chance to review the new website that will go live tomorrow. However, do go to www.southbendlathe.com today and take a last look at the old website. Then tomorrow, you will see the difference.

No, Grizzly did not buy South Bend. South Bend is a stand alone corporation and will be run as South Bend Lathe Co., the way it deservedly should be.

Well I'll be dipped. You're actually here! Welcome!!

You can't imagine how wonderful it is to hear that SB will stand "....the way it deservedly should be."

Outstanding!!

(Are you really Shiraz?) :cheers:

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back