What's new
What's new

What’s this?

The Holbrook

Plastic
A SB13 followed me home today and when I cleaned it down I found this in the tray.
I have no idea what it is.
Any ideas?
Cheers
CFFBDBB3-959E-44D0-B8C4-262A5A4F9631.jpg

Not for a lathe. Looks like a jack that can hold either round work, or a round tool. Adjustment on back side to set depth of tool or work, which ever it holds.

My first guess would be it holds a diamond tipped wheel dresser for a grinder of some sort, tool grinder, surface grinder, etc.

Could be something for a mill, but I don't see good mounting for that.

Hardly

Might be a disc dresser, if there’s a motor in the base, or a grinding device. Can you read anything on the plate?

looks like an inverted V block holder. Perhaps for a dresser/diamond bar holder of sorts. (?)

What does the lever do? raise the jack?

The preset height could be the height of the wheel center above the table on an OD grinder.

Just a wild guess as I have never seen that fixture.

With just the one photo, I'd be tempted to guess "drill jig". Does the top move up and down when you operate the lever? Is there a hole in the top positioned over the lower jack/support?

I don't want to sound mean, but to me it looks like a lousy photograph...

i 2nd that . please post a pic we can see and more then just one . we can't help you if you don't help us by giving us the info to .

I think it's some kind of drill fixture if the bottom raises to clamp a part against a V-Block. I've seen hundreds of that type of V-Block setups but all were either hydraulic or pneumatic operated.

Thanks for the constructive comments guys and sorry for not responding sooner and for the double post, but I don’t seem to be receiving any notifications from the forum.
Not sure what I can do about posting better quality images - I do have them but when I try posting on here the forum software rejects them saying they’re too big.

The image is good enough to suggest it may be a fixture for some machine and not just a catalog thing.
likely it has to be fudged-up to be used on any but the exact machine it was made for.

I still think a dresser holder but that is just a guess.

Knowing what machine is the question that would make it useful or sellable.

Unfortunately it’s need battered with a hammer 690DB823-874E-4B11-82B0-CB68C79B6578.jpg
I’ve tried again to upload a decent photo but I suspect it’ll condense it again. The original photo is around 1Mb but the attached file seems to be around 13kb. Sorry not sure if I can do anything about that.

If yer doing this on a crack phone, good luck! I use a desk top. Find the pic(s) in your files, right click and "Open with" Paint (its a photoshop thing). Itll pop up with a work window. Resize the pic from 100 (% that is) to a 10. To the left you see "save as". Click that and put it back in the file as a new name... I use z1, z2, z3 etc. All sized and ready to roll. Go to the bar below here that says "Go Advanced". Thats gonna give you tons of options for pulling that pic out of you files. Bill

From 4.80 MB to 134 KB well within forum sizing req's...

z5.jpg

Back