What's new
What's new

Where to buy recommendations

JackHass

Plastic
Hello everyone

A newbie here. I’m looking for a SB 10L 4 1/2 bed hardened ways in good condition (not a beater). Looking for some recommendations on where to look for one besides ebay/craigslist in the Northeast ( NY, NJ, CT etc). Can anyone recommend a good equipment dealer in these areas? Trying to stay away from eBay, seems to be a lot of scammers on there.

Thanks all!

Hello everyone

A newbie here. I’m looking for a SB 10L 4 1/2 bed hardened ways in good condition (not a beater). Looking for some recommendations on where to look for one besides ebay/craigslist in the Northeast ( NY, NJ, CT etc). Can anyone recommend a good equipment dealer in these areas? Trying to stay away from eBay, seems to be a lot of scammers on there.

Thanks all!

Why are you set on a SB? There are a lot better machines around.

got a halfway decent one in brooklyn, nicely tooled, but war production. short bed, but got to sell it, pm me for pics. its a sweet unit. I've worked it over, its clean to the bones.

comes with 4jaw chuck, (skinner USA), a 3 jaw with aluminum top jaws, the polish 8" that I bought NOS thats in the picture, (super low hrs nice and tight!), the collet set and tray, (drawbar needs trimming to length), taper attachment, drill chuck, live center, new cross slide screw and nut, new pedestal countershaft bearings, new leather drive belt, micrometer stop, threading cross slide stop, 2200 takes it all.

nice machine

Cyanidekid, I just wanted to say that is one nice lookin machine and a fair deal at 2200 with all the tooling. I usually scrounge craiglist with a 500 mile radius.

Thank you! I think it might be the best looking WW2 10L s I’ve seen a pic of. Aside from some wear on the ways, it’s a sweet unit. Here is a before pic;

AD382BEA-039D-4E69-B4D3-D25FD0104282.jpg

C2A5016A-7D7E-4305-8E14-307AC905CE1F.jpg

SB's have much, much greater parts availability from machines still being parted out.
But if you're looking for similar to SB, I have a Sheldon I like a great deal- very similar to SB in many respects and there seem to be more of them than Logans.

got a halfway decent one in brooklyn, nicely tooled, but war production. short bed, but got to sell it, pm me for pics. its a sweet unit. I've worked it over, its clean to the bones.

Hey thanks for the offer. I did find one locally.

Back