What's new
What's new

WTB a Drawer for cabinet

tommy1010

Stainless
Does anyone have a drawer that is in their scrap pile for a 9" cabinet 42" bed.
The drawer front measures 12 3/4" wide and 6 3/4" high. Would like lockset also if you have one. PM me if you have one. This cabinet may look in sad shape but there is not a dent on it anywhere. If I can get a drawer I will have it blasted and maybe sometime in the future I will find a horizontal bed. If not I will offer it up for sale. I am open to offers before I do anything with it if someone would like the cabinet. The drive unit is with the cabinet.

100_1101.jpg

Well I guess there are no drawers to be had. A local tin knocker shop maybe able to make one up. I hope. iN the meantime I went and stripped the cabinet with a pressure washer powered grit blaster. You just siphon the grit out of the bag and the pressure washer does the rest. Trouble is the flash rust. A DA with 80 grit and presto ready for primer.

100_1102.jpg100_1103.jpg100_1104.jpg

Not waiting for the flash rust again I primed it with Rustoleom clean metal primer. Sprayed on. Did it outside so all overspray blew away in the gentle breeze. I still need that drawer if anyone has one. There is no bondo on this cabinet. If somebody wants it make me a reasonable offer. You can paint it any color you want now that it is primed.

100_1105.jpg100_1106.jpg100_1107.jpg100_1108.jpg100_1109.jpg

It looks clean, be careful as some primers will actually pull moisture from the air overtime and rust the metal through the primer itself

With the locks, keep an eye on eBay. Our Heavy 10 was missing two of the five locks and we didn't have any keys. I found two more key-less locks on eBay and took them to a local lock-smith who said they were a simple flat-key design that he could easily custom grind new keys to fit. What's better is that he re-arranged the tumbler pins so that all four locks used the same key. I think in the end I had all five locks in place for around $100.

Back