What's new
What's new

WTB "heavy 9" or SB Jr. Stuff

iwananew10K

Diamond
I know I'm kinda all over the place but I think between members I can get the parts that cross over from the heavy 10 but if I can find them there's a couple things specific to the heavy 9" and and some jrs that I could use.

1- compound
2-steady rest
2- even a complete tailstock if it's better than mine.

if you have anything let me know, even if it's not on my list it *could* be. :)

Yup, she is a project!

You'll need to be more specific on the year, or at least the series- the 'O' 9 Jrs have the circular t-slot holding the compound down.

allan

possibly, is it a "heavy 9" one?

Good point Alan, this one has the spud for the compound hold down...it is a 1937, it has much more in common with the Heavy 10 than anything else but some SBjr accessories(steady, follow) should work.

I'm not sure of the origin of this thread, since I just tumbled to it, but I've got a full, running (but currently in pieces) Heavy 9 that I could certainly part with, complete with a couple of chucks, the funny drill chuck for the spindle nose, and some other tooling. This isn't a junker, or a parts machine, it was running and in good shape when I mothballed it. (in rust inhibitor, indoors, etc. It's still fine.)
It's in Central Ohio, and I'm in California. Which is why it's in mothballs. If you're interested, drop me a line.

Brian

Back