What's new
What's new

10" Kurt D100 vise for sale, possible delivery

Trevlaw

Aluminum
I've got this used 10" Kurt D100 with the handle and jaws for sale. It's in pretty good shape, moves smoothly, but there is one apprentice mark in the moveable jaw. If I get the time I'm going to disassemble it and clean it up, but I don't think it should take more than the usual grease, WD-40 and stoning. I don't think the jaws are the factory hard jaws as I can see facemill feed marks on the top edge, and I believe the originals are all ground, no idea how hard they are though.

It's about 300lb, let me know if there's any specific photos or measurements you'd like. The vise is in Lebanon, OR. I will be traveling to Sandpoint, Idaho on August 13th as well as from Lebanon to Montana on August 29th. If you aren't too far out of the way I could bring the vise with me and deliver it to avoid any shipping.

Otherwise I am open to trying to ship it. I've had decent luck shipping pallets through Fastenal for a pretty reasonable price before.

Starting at $1000 OBO
d2bdd9e152babccde8c612b2323c06fe.jpg
714ca53ca24d486373d24a3869d9c46d.jpg
c648c65c9c89bfec087839e688053acb.jpg
04849379f15bc252005c68bf71b530b9.jpg
dd92e9757b1554507ed0934e6914ac4b.jpg
708b8121e9d917794595357df044bea7.jpg
17c80226b801e84d214e808c83844b52.jpg
8c82cd5d499d57672329ebb6875b603e.jpg
5ca3ded99ef5e102939225e5f2cd1596.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Nobody interested in a big badass vise? Price too high?

Gonna put it up for sale locally soon, but thought I'd give the forum the first try

Must have been seriously "badass" if it was put to death by hanging.

:(

What's that hangman's noose HIDING?

??
Not trying to hide anything, just didn't want to untie it yet as I'll forget how I did it. I'll take it off tomorrow to start cleaning it up and get some better pics. 25ft was the shortest strap I had, needed to get creative

Not trying to hide anything, just didn't want to untie it yet as I'll forget how I did it. I'll take it off tomorrow to start cleaning it up and get some better pics. 25ft was the shortest strap I had, needed to get creative

"Creative"? Sounds like the fictional Christian Gray and Anastasia Steel ... in their Old Age!

:)

Not "creative". Just less kinky about yer vices.. er' "vises".

:D

I want whatever you're drinking or smoking :D

Cheap enough.

It's called "Old Age" and "who gives a s**t" about woke-ass political correctness!

Wadda they gonna doo to me?

"Send me to Veeee ettttt naaaaaaam?"

PS:

"Pragmatically".. I can no longer readily lift anything heavier than my Gerardi Modulars.

The "Quad-I" and the Morton Multi-Vise I use a Horror-Fright foot-pedal pumped die cart and/or a short cut of Aircraft Tie Down chain and a tee-bolt off the TECO clamp sets for the mills.

Both are much tidier - and with fewer SURPRISES - than old rope.

PPS: That Kurt is simply "too MUCH vise" for most verticals we actually HAVE out here in PM-land.

And horizontals that would be stout enough are more likely to use two or more smaller ones - ELSE clamps, NOT a vise of any kind.

It will be just what SOMEBODY needs "in the fullness of time".

Tempted meself. .as a BENCH vise! But the frieght would eat my lunch.

Otherwise not likely to sell FAST.

2CW

Cheap enough.

It's called "Old Age" and "who gives a s**t" about woke-ass political correctness!

Wadda they gonna doo to me?

"Send me to Veeee ettttt naaaaaaam?"

PS:

"Pragmatically".. I can no longer readily lift anything heavier than my Gerardi Modulars.

The "Quad-I" and the Morton Multi-Vise I use a Horror-Fright foot-pedal pumped die cart and/or a short cut of Aircraft Tie Down chain and a tee-bolt off the TECO clamp sets for the mills.

Both are much tidier - and with fewer SURPRISES - than old rope.

PPS: That Kurt is simply "too MUCH vise" for most verticals we actually HAVE out here in PM-land.

And horizontals that would be stout enough are more likely to use two or more smaller ones - ELSE clamps, NOT a vise of any kind.

It will be just what SOMEBODY needs "in the fullness of time".

Tempted meself. .as a BENCH vise! But the frieght would eat my lunch.

Otherwise not likely to sell FAST.

2CW
Sounds like patience it is then. That is unless you want to send my your zip code and I can get a quote on freight to see what kinda deal I can make you

Sounds like patience it is then. That is unless you want to send my your zip code and I can get a quote on freight to see what kinda deal I can make you

Best "deals "were" Via Fastenal's "Blue Line" LTL service. I haven't looked to see if they are back in operation after their COVID haitus or not.

I've also done OK with "Forward Air" .. which is very seldom "air", usually LTL truck.

More seriously - I don't need it, but...

For he who may...

I have onpassed comparable weight motors and Motor-generator units by meeting at an intermediate point, putting two vehicles back-to-back, and rolling the heavy goods across a Horror-Fright folding 1,200 lbs (claimed) shiney-wood ramp on a set of nine-dollar alleged 1,000 lb fridge-freezer rollers or a "furniture dolly" H-F puts on sale for under ten bucks now and then.

"Disposables", IOW.

But that easily doubles the viable go-fetch range - easy as cellphones and internet make it to hit an agreeable miet-point.

2CW

Gonna bump this in case there's any last minute interest for my trip to Idaho tomorrow. Been tight on time and haven't got around to cleaning it up yet, but if you're interested pm me and I can get whatever pics you need and I'll load it up for the trip. Open to offers!

Back