What's new
What's new

12L14 bar stock lot

SShep71

Hot Rolled
Here is a lot of 12L14 bar stock up for grabs. I am asking $250.00 for the whole lot plus shipping. Here is a list of what material is included, just in case the pictures aren't clear. I can do a check, money-order, or Paypal.

4.5" diam 19-1/4" long
1-1/8" diam 20-3/4" long
1-1/8" diam 27-1/2" long
1-3/8" diam 21" long
7/8" diam 35-1/8" long
1-1/5 diam 14-7/8" long
2-1/4" diam 21" long
1-1/16" diam 23-3/4" long
1-5/8" diam 34-7/8" long

IMG_20210327_231837604.jpg

IMG_20210327_231859585.jpg

I would take that in a second if I was close enough to pick it up, I just bought 19 inches of 4 inch 1144 and paid $190.00 for it.

Yeah, shipping on this one isn't going to be super cheap unless I cut everything into shorter lengths to fit in flat rate boxes. Even then it is going to be at least two boxes to ship due to weight.

If there is a Fastenal close to you they ship anything that fits on a pallet for very reasonable costs (Store to store).

I am in Temecula (riverside county). I don't have the total weight, I will have to weigh everything when I get back to town from work. As far as shipping, I may be able to use UPS flat rate as their box sizes aren't fixed like USPS. I will post the approx shipping prices Tuesday.

I think shipping will be pretty high, both UPS and FEDEX rates have gone through the roof for low volume shippers that don't get discounts. If I were you if you haven't already I would put up a local Craigslist ad, I think you need a buyer who can pick it up.

savage_hunter:
The local Fastenal does not accept Blue Line Freight, the closest Fastenal that will accept BLF is over an hour away. I tried to ship a granite plate through Fastenal months ago and it was a DIS-ASTER!, BLF was only going to certain places and the local Fastenal shipping hub wasn't accepting new shipments. I was soo disappointed that I will avoid BLF at all costs unless absolutely necessary. It is a shame because I KNOW BLF is legit, but I need a solution that isn't going to require hours of additional work.

dalmatiangirl61:
The overall weight is about 172.00lbs, I am in Temecula

MichaelP:
I can ship everything in four flat rate boxes >IF< I cut the 4.5" diameter down to a 12.25" length and a 7" piece. The 4.5" diameter piece weighs 86lbs alone. So figure shipping to be about $100.00 for everything.

savage_hunter:
The local Fastenal does not accept Blue Line Freight, the closest Fastenal that will accept BLF is over an hour away. I tried to ship a granite plate through Fastenal months ago and it was a DIS-ASTER!, BLF was only going to certain places and the local Fastenal shipping hub wasn't accepting new shipments. I was soo disappointed that I will avoid BLF at all costs unless absolutely necessary. It is a shame because I KNOW BLF is legit, but I need a solution that isn't going to require hours of additional work.

Wow! That really sucks to hear, I was hoping to offer up a solution to help you move some heavy metal. Grayhound bus can ship stuff if it's on a pallet. I know people who have shipped engines coast to coast for under $100.

I have a solution to the shipping, I am waiting to hear back from one party before I post the outcome as they are now first in line. If the current FIL takes the lot the 4.5" diameter piece will still be up for grabs. I do have a single 97" 1-1/8" diam piece left on the shelf at this point, it wasn't previously listed.

Sorry I didn't explain that last post properly. I fat fingered and cut off a part of the message.
I am asking $200.00 plus shipping and packing for 3 large USPS flat rate boxes. The only piece that [has] to be cut in half is the 4.5" diameter piece in order to meet weight. I can get everything into three flat rate boxes, the long lengths will need cut down but to a max length of 24". The max weight is 70LBS flat rate, and the longest length I can fit is 23-3/4", so everything has to be able to fit to accommodate. So the list of included material is as follows:

4.5" diam 9-1/8" long
4.5" diam 10" long
1-1/8" diam 20-3/4" long
1-1/8" diam 23-3/4" long
1-1/8" diam 4" long
1-3/8" diam 21" long
7/8" diam 23-3/4" long
7/8" diam 11-3/8" long
1-1/5 diam 14-7/8" long
2-1/4" diam 21" long
1-1/16" diam 23-3/4" long
1-5/8" diam 23-3/4" long
1-5/8" diam 11" long

So again, that is $200.00 for the material, and about $80.00 for shipping for everything. I may have to adjust some of the cuts in order to fit everything into flat rate boxes. It will be agreed between the buyer and I BEFORE I make any cuts, to ensure we are both in agreement.

Back