What's new
What's new

17-4 Stainless Steel Drops 1.5" Diameter x 13" Long About 35Rc

Doug W

Hot Rolled
17-4 Stainless Steel Drops 1.560" Diameter x 13" Long About 35Rc

6 pieces of 1.560" dia x 13" long shipped in a USPS Flat Rate box. $175 shipped.
They have been slightly turned down on one end to about 1.550" and with a center drill hole
DSCN3189[1].jpg
DSCN3190[2].jpg

Paypal or USPS MO Only.

PM me, don't post here I may not see it.

Last edited:
With their purple color, are they already heat treated, and if so, to what spec?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With their purple color, are they already heat treated, and if so, to what spec?

Please go ask your boss if he wants to spend the money 1st, before you ask all the questions this go around......only to find he doesn't.

Thanks, Doug

PARDON ME for asking you a question that would help other people in this forum make an informed decision about wether or not to buy your material. Anybody that knows 17-4, knows that there are many different heat treats available, and they would ask you the same question. Nobody is going to buy H900 material if what they need is H1150. If you don't give all the pertinent info, guess what, you're going to get people asking questions.

As far as your remark about my boss, my interest in this material is for my own use. And don't come down on me for him not wanting buy that other stuff from you.

PARDON ME for asking you a question that would help other people in this forum make an informed decision about wether or not to buy your material. Anybody that knows 17-4, knows that there are many different heat treats available, and they would ask you the same question. Nobody is going to buy H900 material if what they need is H1150. If you don't give all the pertinent info, guess what, you're going to get people asking questions.

As far as your remark about my boss, my interest in this material is for my own use. And don't come down on me for him not wanting buy that other stuff from you.

Anybody that knows 17-4 knows it can't be H900 at 35Rc.
It could be in Condition A or it could be H1025-H1150ish, none of which has a huge increase in yield strength over Condition A.

I suspect it is in Condition A, but am not sure.

Oh, I am not coming down on you for your boss not wanting to buy anything, I am coming down on you for wasting my time with a bunch of questions (all answered in the positive) only to find you have no authority to purchase anything, not even a couple hundred dollars.

^This is my polite way of saying...... go away and stop posting in my thread.
Because PM me, don't post here.. apparently wasn't clear enough.

My apologies, I did not read the title correctly. You did say 35rc. Sorry

Back